View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Juvenile Hurdle distances 
Selling plater

Post Juvenile Hurdle distances
Juvenile Hurdles in real life are almost exclusively at or close to two miles. In the game, the Juvenile Hurdles start at 2m6f and go up to 4m. Unless I create a mod with 50-100 juvenile hurdle feature races then as someone who enjoyed and frequently used these races in previous editions, the game is unplayable.

Will this be resolved and if so, when?

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:12 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Juvenile Hurdle distances
alot of the juvenile feature races are over 2 miles or 2 miles 1 i have never seen a juvenile race longer than this TBH

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

The feature races are fine but the standard juveniles make a mockery of any realism. In previous editions, I'd typically have about twenty juveniles per season and with the stable expansion, will likely have a lot more when I start to play properly. However, not all of my juveniles will be feature class and there will be some I'd prefer to bring on slowly in low-key affairs.

I appreciate that the flat game is the priority as that's the preference of many customers. However, I am a dyed in the wool jumps fan and with there not being any (let alone enough) suitable races for juvenile hurdlers then I have no inclination to start a season. This is a real shame as Starters Orders is the only computer game I've played for the past decade and have found the likeness to realism to be thoroughly engrossing. But as it stands, the latest and much anticipated edition is metaphorically gathering dust on my taskbar.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Group 1 winner

The game is still in beta, so at this stage it's just about reporting these issues and Mark fixing them with patches. I'm sure this will be fixed in the coming weeks, as it's a significant issue in terms of realism.

Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Well said Albertina.

This issue really does need to be addressed as a priority. It's the lack of realism that still has me holding off purchasing this at the moment, I want a functional jumps game too.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:54 am
Group 1 winner

GS63 wrote:
It's the lack of realism that still has me holding off purchasing this at the moment, I want a functional jumps game too.

Mark has said from the beginning that realism is one of the things that will be worked on during the beta phase. This was stated on the document that people read before buying the beta release:

"In addition to bug fixing the following areas are planned for improvements during the BETA phase:

Schedules and race planning AI
These two areas go hand in hand. The current schedule will be enhanced along with trainer race entry AI improvements. It is possible further nationalities and race courses will also be added.

Community feedback will be important as development continues. Please visit the development forums."

Nobody should really be expecting these areas to work perfectly until the beta phase is finished and version 1.0 is released. The first priority was obviously crash bugs, but I'm sure Mark is now working on improving the game's realism, and I'm pretty sure the issue in this thread will be fixed soon. The people who have bought the game and are reporting the issues are contributing to how great the game will be on full release.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:42 pm
Group 1 winner

I appreciate that Panther, thank you for your comments. As I haven’t played the series since SO5, perhaps I had forgotten how lengthy the beta testing phase can be. However, the issue that Albertina raises is an important one in terms of the realism aspect of the game. I have faith that Mark will indeed address this matter along with others. I just wanted to highlight how significant this issue is (at least to me anyway) before I invest.

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]