View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 SO7 Schedule - Absolutely Shocking 
Group 2 winner

Post SO7 Schedule - Absolutely Shocking
I love Starters Orders as much if not more than most people on here, but I have to say the schedule for SO7 is in need of a complete overhaul.

It is so bad I don't even know where to begin.

But let's start somewhere .................

What on earth has happened to the two year old schedule.

I suspect the introduction of novice races and the three runs before getting a rating are having a massive impact on two year old maiden races.

Runners in novice races have about fifteen runs to their name in two to three months, whilst maiden races are devoid of form. Even in August quite a few maiden two year old races have no form at all.

This is going to be a massive problem.

I am creating a schedule where most two year old races are going to be maiden races, with the odd novice race thrown into the mix, up until July, when nursery handicaps will be introduced - I will keep you posted how this pans out.

Trouble is, if you don't get the two year old's rated properly then the whole rating system gets thrown out of sync.

Steve

https://www.sportsleagueladders.com/

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:12 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: SO7 Schedule - Absolutely Shocking
I haven't been able to play or mod the game yet (can't play because it's unplayable, and can't mod because it's not my job to fix this). I enjoy modding, but it feels like a massive mountain to climb at the moment. General feeling I get is that most of the modders are just waiting really, to see if it's going to be worth their time and effort. Mark needs to speak with big companies like Racing Post and get some proper funding behind this series, so that he can actually get some help. I can't even blame him, considering how it's done it's remarkable he's got this far, but then on the other hand, strictly as a customer - not really happy.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:28 am
Group 1 winner

nathd88 wrote:
I haven't been able to play or mod the game yet (can't play because it's unplayable, and can't mod because it's not my job to fix this). I enjoy modding, but it feels like a massive mountain to climb at the moment. General feeling I get is that most of the modders are just waiting really, to see if it's going to be worth their time and effort.

When it comes to modding, I always start my schedules and feature race files from scratch anyway, so it's no more of a mountain to climb than any of the other SO games have been, and I enjoy the process of schedule creation anyway, so I don't feel like I'm having to fix anything.

I've been modding Starters Orders games for 15 years, and I've already put many hours into creating my schedule mod for SO7, without any hesitation. It's still relatively early stages, but already loving the results of my early tests. I'm pretty sure that by the time the beta phase ends it'll be the best game in the series by far.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:08 am
Selling plater

is there an idiots guide anywhere to schedule building?

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:38 am
Handicapper

Nice one Panther, look forward to seeing them if you ever upload. I just know I'll hate it if I do everything I want to do and then find it all gets undone by errors beyond my control. I'll continue to bide my time. In terms of schedule creation, I'm pretty much waiting for all the modded tracks that come out. I really want to finish my silks, there's nothing in my way where that is concerned, so the mood will strike soon I hope.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:08 pm
Handicapper

The one thing that is keeping my interest alive is the legend editor. When I eventually get a perfect sched and all the visual aspects of the game to my liking, I will be looking to get a proper legends sched in place, where real life legends from different eras will arrive into the game at the correct intervals to give a real challenge. I've already created the realest version of persian punch I could have ever wanted. He's 10 lengths clear at half way getting ridden and then finds when challenged late lol. I'll admit seeing that happen really did give me a buzz.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:12 pm
Group 2 winner

Maiden races just keep throwing in more un-raced horses.

How in the world do game horses get a rating.

I suspect half of them never do, that is why field sizes are so small.

SERIOUSLY CHANGE BACK TO ONE RUN FOR A RATING

and

CHANGE THE DYNAMICS SO THAT MAIDEN RACES ATTRACT MORE HORSES WITH FORM. :roll:

Otherwise all the other great new features might as well be thrown down the pan!

Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:03 am
Selling plater

personally i like having the novice events and 3 runs before a rating- it's supposed to be a sim after all. there most definitely is a big problem with the ai as a result - i've also noted many late season 2yo maidens filled with horses that haven't had a previous run but with a little tweaking that can be put right i'm sure and everybody will be happy

Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:54 am
Group 2 winner

If it is implemented correctly three runs is fine, but at the moment it isn't.

There seems to be an underlying rule that restricts form in maiden races, until this is changed the game is unplayable.

In SO6 it didn't matter as horses were rated after one run and could then enter handicaps.

Void novice two year old races when adding them to the schedule is another problem that requires sorting.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:12 pm
Site Admin

This belongs in the BETA development forum as these issues are related to the ongoing trainer AI work that has been talked about as being part of BETA development process along with schedules which is related.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:42 pm
Handicapper

I echo nathd88 about getting a partnership with Racing Post. I am right now building a set of silks for the UK owners but it is so tempting to just use the Racing Post db for the racecard version of those silks... especially for those colours that have a lot going on, like diablos on sleeves etc. It will be great if SO7 can get some kind of licence from RP to reproduce parts of their data.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]