View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Jumps game improvements 
Group 1 winner

Post Jumps game improvements
Is anything going to be done to the jumps game? There are several problems with it that have been mentioned many times by different members here, at the moment its unplayable, and needs improvements, but theres been no mention of improvements happening, or even if they are being planned.

Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:13 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Jumps game improvements
The game is being improved all the time. Please provide links or list details regarding exactly the issues you are talking about.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
The game is being improved all the time. Please provide links or list details regarding exactly the issues you are talking about.

Juvenile Hurdle for 3yo Novice races During Summer Season races being Void and having no runners.

Gray

Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

In jumps mode in the combined game, the breeding and avg winning distance is displayed for flat not jumps. Context switching goes wonky depending on how you navigate too. In my Non-critical thread I have a whole page of Combo game issues.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:46 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply. The biggest issue are:

Horses going straight into chasing, without having run over hurdles first. Or from bumpers straight to chasing, missing out hurdles. Virtually every horse in real life will progress from bumpers to hurdles and then to chasing if they go chasing. Or they may not start with bumpers and instead start straight with hurdles. It would be good to see this implemented in the game so horses are not going straight to chasing.

There needs to be graded novice races, at the moment there is nothing to separate the graded novice races from any novice race and as a result they are not getting good fields, and the winners are not getting good ratings. This leads to winners of races like the supreme novice hurdle or RSA chase running in handicaps the following season instead of graded races as they should be.

Novice hurdle races seem to only be entered by 4/5 year olds from AI stables. As the player we can enter horses of any age above 4 into novices but no horses of any age other than 4 before new year and 5 after seem to run in them from AI stables. This needs to be changed and could lead into the first point, maybe if horses are for some reason missing the season when they are 4/5 then they are going straight to chasing because they have no choice as they are unable to enter novice hurdle races.

Irish horses, or any other nationality other than the primary one, dont seem to be able to enter handicap races from the primary coountry and even from their own country often, even when prepped. Meaning that I can't get Irish horses in the grand national or handicap races at cheltenham. This was also a problem with novice hurdles in SO6, with international horses not being able to run in novice hurdles from either their own country or the primary country, this seems to have improved slightly in S07 but is still not enough.

Horses are running too often, particularly in their novice seasons, perhaps because there are no graded races and so no real differentiation between classes of novice races. But this is not just with the jumps game, as it has been mentioned about horses still running too often on the flat too.

Novice hurdlers and maybe chasers, I'm not too sure actually, dont seem to be able to enter handicaps. For example a race like the betfair hurdle which in real life would attract a lot of novice hurdlers, on the game can not because novice hurdlers from AI stables don't seem to be able to enter them.

Thank you, I hope these changes can be made as with these ammendments the jumos game can really be perfect.

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:52 pm
Group 1 winner

I think QWSA has encapsulated the changes needed to the jumps side of the game perfectly. Nothing to add other than to 2nd this.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:41 am
Group 3 winner

I think the breeding side of the jumps game doesn't work, u never get the good colts into the breeding barn and so u left with a bunch of old useless stallions in the barn.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:10 am
Group 1 winner

I think the problem with breeding in the jumps game is that for optimal realism, the vast majority of NH horses should be gelding, this doesn't lend itself well to the breeding in a purely jumps game. In real life a lot of NH horses are bred from flat stallions. The best hurdles and chasers we've seen in real life don't become stallions because they are gelding.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:49 am
Group 1 winner

I think the problem with breeding in the jumps game is that for optimal realism, the vast majority of NH horses should be gelding, this doesn't lend itself well to the breeding in a purely jumps game. In real life a lot of NH horses are bred from flat stallions. The best hurdles and chasers we've seen in real life don't become stallions because they are gelding.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:50 am
Selling plater

Im with qwsa above and the improvements. This has been mentioned several times on the forums but obviously ignored.

Feel all the focus is on developing the flat side of the game.

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:36 pm
Group 2 winner

Completely agree with everything said above

Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:08 pm
Selling plater

Yeah definitely agree. A fantastic game, but I would like some progression of jumpers. Horses run in top novice hurdles, and for whatever reason, they hardly ever run again. Especially 3 mile novice hurdlers. I've prepped as much as possible but they don't run again in top races the following season. I want too see horses running from bumpers to novice hurdles, and then a decison by the trainer whether they stay over hurdles, or go chasing. A bit like Black Op this season, or Vision Des Flos etc.

New horses just appear without any novice history.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:11 pm
Selling plater

Agree. I want to buy the game but until the jumps side is sorted, I will wait.

Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am
Handicapper

qwsa wrote:
In real life a lot of NH horses are bred from flat stallions.

We don't have hurdlers here, or NH (US person). We do have chases. This is why I am less bothered by the lack of progression in jumps. But, the breeding part is just as true here.

There are quite a lot of reasons here for that being the case. Not the least of which is since chasing doesn't pay here, few can afford to have a horse "on the books" eating for four years eating and training until you start using it. Sad, since some of the late maturing lines are great, and this is best for them. But regardless, for most people, bills have to get paid.

A "Jumps Only" schedule makes no sense at all to me, esp. with breeding as you point out. (It is why I play "combo" when I do jumpers). And in my case, I keep thinking: "How do you pay bills?".

For those of you that play ""Jumps Only", and, of course, know how the whole progression and NH work over there, what does the game's "Jumps Only" provide that the "Combined" schedule does not? Is it just more jumps races? Why do you chose that mode over "Combined"?

Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:36 pm
Group 1 winner

BenWortho wrote:
Agree. I want to buy the game but until the jumps side is sorted, I will wait.

Same here

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next