View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Game Stud Statistics: wrong math, best absent, hard to sort 
Handicapper

Post Re: Game Stud Statistics: wrong math, best absent, hard to s
The bad:

Minor: AEI is not sorting numerically, so one stud in the new season who broke 2 digits 10.18 shows up below the 2.xx's ...

The good:

Tab stats look good last patch.

Now had a years breeding, new game, focusing on solid though not flashy producers by stats. With a new game, normal difficulty, and without bet cheats so all mares were claimer quality or super cheap from breeding sales.

19 foals first crop
5 will not win anything
14 that should win,
2-4 maybe that can win well,
4-5 won't be much better than the claimer parent but are improvements over the mare,
and the rest look like useful but not flashy runners, they'll pay the bills I'd hope

The only bad is fewer that look to have jump talent than I'd hoped. But that may take more sire sorting to suss out who produces that in a new game.

About what I would have expected from the stat spread of the studs, and I used often non-pricey studs not all G1 and including one w/o any stakes wins himself at all.

This works as expected! Let the bargain stud hunts begin.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:22 pm
Selling plater

just to say thanks for your work on stud stats Hechicera. i've always thought the original stats weren't as helpful as they should have been but not having the knowledge i couldn't really say how to improve them. haven't been playing for a while but i will be starting a fresh game soon to see how everything pans out.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:53 pm
Group 1 winner

I've only been running various trial games during the beta phase, but must say I'm really enjoying the breeding aspect of SO7, and the changes to stats thanks to this thread have been great. The only thing missing now is the ability to determine the champion sire for each season, rather than the top overall sire. It's really interesting to see that table change over time though.

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:59 pm
Handicapper

Aww thanks. Though the hard work part has to go to Mark. Not only did he have to do the work, but also figure out what I was babbling about, esp. in a couple of the posts where I was a bit short on sleep. And as I said before, I completely see how he might have thought one abbreviation meant the other thing.

I too am excited to try more test games and see how they work out with proper stats to go on!

More Updates:
My season two crop under good stats, non-bet cheats, crappy mares is out. More duds, and more that are likely winners but only claimers. I only did one breeding to the pricey best sire, after selling a dud yearling to afford the fee, and it didn't pan out. But that makes sense as I had fewer breedings to the solid producer types, and did more test breedings looking for jumps sires. Found one! He produces more duds but has a great jumps bar possible. Still have enough useful runners in that crop to keep the lights on. And again while some of the fillies in it aren't amazing, they are, mostly, small improvements on the claimer dam. And some others that will be good start stock for jumps breeding in the crop I hope.

So it came out again as expected, this time with over two dozen foals.

Interesting choices: I had them.

First crop racing now. One of the ones that looked classy won one of the SA listed races (but may have been a fluke as no AI entrants bug). But couldn't run in Novices after Apr 10 (another bug). So I dropped her in a Grade3 and she wins! So she is precocious and classy enough. Considering the dam was £3800 in a broodmare sale who never broke her maiden, and the sire was one of the pricier ones I could afford ~£21K but with good %winners and some %stakes, that was nice! He was precocious at 2 as well, so there was that. So she is 2/2 and earnings of £96K so far, good investment. And the duds sold off as yearlings or 2yos all at above stud fee prices.

Life is good.

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:17 pm
Group 1 winner

panther wrote:
The only thing missing now is the ability to determine the champion sire for each season, rather than the top overall sire. It's really interesting to see that table change over time though.

Regarding my point above, it would be really great if an additional column could be added to show current season earnings of each sire's progeny, to enable us to identify the leading sires for the current season.

Also, would be nice to have a separate tab within the breeding section to show all-time top sires, including those that have died.

Not sure if either of those things are possible for the current game, but both would be useful.

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:29 pm
Handicapper

Yeah, in a long running game I can see that would be neat. The max sum of all offspring earnings is a great brag number there too (as I mentioned in my babblings).

Season too, but not sure how hard that would be to set up. It would want a UI page.

And your idea for trainer brag data is nice. I can see in some other games you could even set up player to player score competitions. Sort of like a ladder and challenges, but unlike league, the gameplay would be individual.

So, someone could post a schedule with quirks, and say Who can get this one trainer brag number highest running this schedule on hard for 20 seasons? That sort of thing. Other sim games often have player challenges like that in the communities.

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:57 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
just to say thanks for your work on stud stats Hechicera.

Yes big thanks go to Hechicera for taking time to spell it all out in significant detail. I had never been so concerned with the breeding stats side of things so may have not introduced the AEI fields which give much more usable data than the simple career stats previously.

Quote:
Regarding my point above, it would be really great if an additional column could be added to show current season earnings of each sire's progeny, to enable us to identify the leading sires for the current season.

Also, would be nice to have a separate tab within the breeding section to show all-time top sires, including those that have died.

Both these are great ideas but would bring a significant processing overhead as games progress so when I get some spare time will have to have a think. Having some record of previous top sires would especially be good.

Quote:
And your idea for trainer brag data is nice. I can see in some other games you could even set up player to player score competitions. Sort of like a ladder and challenges, but unlike league, the gameplay would be individual.

I have been thinking about using some kind of stat via the Steam leader boards but it needs more thought and may not work out so well in the end due to possible cheat options.

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:52 am
Group 3 winner

Another stat that would be good is if there was a group stakes winners column so u could see how many group winning horses a sire has. I think also a runners to winners one as well.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:45 am
Handicapper

I think we have those now?

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:06 pm
Group 3 winner

Hechicera wrote:

Oh yes the winners to runners but the one that would be good is the one with how many individual group horses a sire has had , they have the total amount of group races a sire has had but i think knowing how many group horses a sire has would mean u dont have to look through all his horses. A sire might have had 20 group 1 wins but it might be misleading because it could be with 1 horse .

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:02 pm
Handicapper

Like this guy!

Worship Swing,

20 foals to race, 5 of them winners: Winners(%) 5/20 (25%)
One foal won stakes races: Stks Wnrs(%) 1(5%)
So that's the one foal with 3 G1s and a G3: Group Wins 3/0/1

Goes to stud page .. looks at the 20 foals to race:

Yep has to be the only one with a gold icon ...

Ayep, here is your 3/0/1 winner, and I could tell from the stud page with out the look to be sure the stat was right.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 am
Site Admin

Quote:

Yes the Stakes winners column includes group and listed races.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:19 am
Group 1 winner

'

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry boys its wrong , that list is runners to group races not single horses. Hech that list is the amount of horses that ran in group races, there is no way he had 20 horses that ran in group races.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:56 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Sorry boys its wrong , that list is runners to group races not single horses. Hech that list is the amount of horses that ran in group races, there is no way he had 20 horses that ran in group races.

Hi John
It is right I think. The winners column shows he has had 20 offspring that have raced and 5 of them have won, that is any type of race.
The stakes column states that 1 of those horses that won was a stakes winner. The 5% is the 1 horse out of the 20 that have run.

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next