View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Testing the Mods Folder Setup 
Selling plater

Post Testing the Mods Folder Setup
Okay, so I gave the new mods folder a tryout and found it great the way that it allows us to now add data and schedule file changes without affecting any of the games original files, which is obviously what Mark designed it for.
My question for Mark though is 'What about any new files such as texture or entity files that we make ourselves for new racecourses?
Do these still need to be placed in the games original folders?
I'm guessing at this point that they probably do as my newly added course last night had a few textures and entities missing even though I had them in the mods folder under the right folder structure.

Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:16 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Testing the Mods Folder Setup
For now the mods folder is primarily for the data files as these will get overwritten when installing a patch so it's important they are seperate.

I had hoped to have all modded files in the mod folder but there are some issues with this. I may look at it again at a later date as there are other things to get on to.

So any files that you change in the DB folder must go in your mods folder.

It is possible to also put racecourses and portraits into the mod folder but you may also copy them to the games folder.

So if you distribute any mods it is possible to zip up the files maintaining the directory structure and that way all your files can be in a single zip and the user just unzips to the games root.

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:40 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Testing the Mods Folder Setup
When you use the in-game tool to edit a schedule (was just poking) where do the files it creates end up?

Couldn't find them, but they have to be somewhere.

Also, when using the tool: Combined schedule has a pool if 12000, yet the field only accepts 4 digits. So any attempt to up it results in lowing it. Now, if I could find the file ...

;)

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]