View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 AI entries 
Group 1 winner

Post AI entries
Played today for the first time in a while with the new patches, first season there were horses running in multiple races at cheltenham, on consecutive days or a couple of days apart. Really thought this would have been a priority to sort out, to stop horses doing this.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:28 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: AI entries
I have noticed this on many occasions and it does frustrate me, especially if the horse somehow wins against me after only 2 days rest before a 1m6f race!?

Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:00 pm
Handicapper

I did a custom schedule and kept having fillies enter the Kentucky Oaks, win, and then come back and enter the Kentucky Derby the following day ... and sometimes win. I got pissed and put the Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby on the same day. Not what I wanted to do, but it solves the issue. I didn't want to restrict the Kentucky Derby to colts and geldings only.

On an earlier patch, I had a few custom races and somehow I had the same horse running in both my Pegasus World Cup and Pegasus World Cup Turf ... in the same day. And he won both. :shock:

I haven't had a chance to try out my schedule in the new patch, but horses running too frequently has been a problem for a while. Maybe AI horses should be programmed with a cooldown timer. Sellers and claimers can enter races weekly while G1 runners might be once every 4-6 with an allowance made for special cases like the Triple Crown series. The game shows you how many horses are unraced per country if you select the horses button. In my most recent look at my schedule, I had like 4500 American horses ... and nearly 2000 were unraced. That's not right, especially when I have so many running literally back to back. If there's an unraced horse, a recently run horse has no reason to be run again so quickly.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:44 pm
Selling plater

I am continuing to put together my custom UK jumps only schedule with Ireland as the only other country involved. I have a pool of 10,500 with 30% allocated to the 20 Irish trainers. I have come across AI entry problems with the Irish runners.

In the first season (2019) there are ZERO Irish 3YO's so obviously no entries in the Irish Juvenile races.
The novice races in the first season (2019) are populated really well although the horses run far too regularly as mentioned in the posts above.

In the second season (2020) we get 3YO's arriving and the Juvenile races are populated perfectly.
However the novice hurdle races completely fall apart with next to no entries. I thought at first this must be due to the fact that there are ZERO 4YO's so moved on to the next season.

The Juvenile races in 2021 continue to be nicely populated. However the novice hurdle races continue to have next to no entries.

This pattern continues for the next 7 seasons i have tested. Something changes from season 1 with regard to novice hurdle entries which makes the races effectively redundant in Ireland.

Also the AI trainers in Ireland will not enter horses in NHF races. I have 15 NHF races before Christmas and ZERO Irish entries in any of them for all 10 seasons i have tested.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:09 pm
Selling plater

When i checked the simmed season (2018) all the NHF races were heavily populated. After 2018 i cannot get an Irish horse to enter a NHF.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Group 1 winner

this has been a big problem with Irish runners Tippi, they dont seem to be able to run in novice hurdle races, or enter handicap races in the UK, so graded handicaps like the grand national will never have irish runners, likewise the handicaps at cheltenham, and the novice hurdle races at cheltenham. All of the irish novice hurdle races in ireland seem to be populated with UK runners or void. I really hope Mark looks at this, its been mentioned many times, but doesnt seem to be a priority when it really should be as it makes the jumps game effectively unplayable, whereas with these differences, it would become almost perfect

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Selling plater

Yes i have been reading your posts qwsa and agree with everything you have raised.

The first season of my custom game (2019) i have Irish Novice Hurdles that are very realistic. There are plenty of Irish runners in the Supreme at Cheltenham.

When i check the 2018 season which is simmed that is exactly the same. Very realistic.

Then from 2020 onwards the Irish trainers just stop entering them. Like you say they are populated by UK runners or void. I wonder if it has something to do with there being no Irish 3YO's in the first season having a knock on effect. Although the Novice chases seem fine.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:54 pm
Selling plater

Last edited by Tippi on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:19 pm
Selling plater

Last edited by Tippi on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:29 pm
Selling plater

Them silks look great, are they your own? If you have a schedule with silks etc would be great if you could share? i love playing the NH game building up to Cheltenham.

Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:09 pm
Selling plater

I posted these in my desperation to highlight how dramatically the Irish entries change from loads to none after 2019 and i forgot those silks were on there. I don't think i would be allowed to share them as i am sure i would be breaching some kind of copyright.

I will gladly share the schedule when completed and the other folders if allowed.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:24 am
Group 1 winner

I was planning to make a schedule when the game had improved a bit, I've made them for previous games, but tippi you seem to have the same ideas as me in terms of how you play the game so it would be great to get your schedule, if you don't mind me stealing your hard work to save myself trouble

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:13 pm
Selling plater

Of course you can have the schedule when its finished. It might not suit what you are looking for though as i will be adding a couple of new races and upgrading some G2's to G1's. I also tend to use old skool names of races and throw in some legend trainers and jockeys as i love to see them in the game with the classic silks i grew up watching.

My idea is to have just UK and Ireland but with a large schedule in Ireland to run along side the UK schedule and have the horses clash in the big end of season festivals. Can only have 20 Irish trainers so the trainers do have lots of horses. If only i could get them to enter races!

I have started with a blank canvas and am prepping and testing as i go along so it is taking ages but thanks to Bobsworth and Simpleminds i can save myself a lot of work as they have done so much fantastic stuff with courses, silks and data.

I've been given a year off work (unpaid) to care for my Mum who has dementia so i have plenty of spare time on my hands.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:45 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm after a similar type of thing. A solely UK and Ireland game with all the major races from both, and the big clashes at festivals like Cheltenham, Aintree, Punchestown etc. Essentially, as realistic as can be, so probably not as much into the old legends and names, but I would be more than happy to ammend the schedule to suit my own tastes once you've finished it.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:51 pm
Group 1 winner

I should add, providing the changes we have mentioned are made, because right now its just not playable in the way I like to play.

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next