View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Patch question 
Selling plater

Post Patch question
Is it recommended to start a new game after each patch? Or am I good to continue on? Thanks!

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:35 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Patch question
I’ve noticed saved games changing with new patches even though changes may filter through more slowly e.g. breeding. I’d say it’s you choice, sometimes starting a new game can be better if you’ve had things happen like crashes in your saved game and it’s hampering playability. If you do start a new game, if you’ve got good horses I’d put them in the transfer pool so your not starting from scratch ( personal preference ).

Yasmin

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:57 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Patch question
It's very rare if we have to restart after a patch. SO7 is far enough along at this point it shouldn't be required at all, but many changes right now come with the yearlings born after you install it. For right now, it might be better off to not get attached to a particular game so you can restart easily if a particular patch change is big enough for you to want to do so. You can export horses to the pool and import them into a new game if you restart although I honestly wouldn't recommend that, either. One patch made it so breeding was calculated differently but only with horses born after the patch. Reimporting a horse from an old game born prior to that patch wouldn't be worthwhile for breeding as a result. It'd just be useful as a horse to race and skip ahead to get to new horses faster. Pay attention to what's in the patch notes as that can be a deciding factor.

Whether or not you want to restart is up to you. Changes are slower to populate as old horses have to be removed from the game if you don't restart, but if you do restart, it still takes time to get a decent stable going again. So either way, it's roughly the same amount of time played. Maybe a little more if you don't restart, but if you enjoy the game, what's a little more time? I tend to play between half a season to a season a day when I'm not at work.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]