View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Playing properly for the first time, issues so far... 
Handicapper

Post Playing properly for the first time, issues so far...
Finally got a save and actually playing the game. I have a few issues, although for the most part it's fine and enjoyable, but areas to be looked at include....

MAJOR PROBLEM

- Race pace. No matter how good a horse is, you have to challenge early to win. Races are run at such a sedate pace that it caused cluster finishes with rarely ever the chance to win it in the final 3 furlongs with a burst. If on a rear horse you have to pretty much make your move about 6 out. This is a big one for me really because the best horses don't get to show exactly what they can do in the race, most finishing with their best running still to give.

LESSER PROBLEMS

- This is carried over from so6, unrealistic odds. You see global superstars in the game that are unbeaten opening up at 2/1. I would like to see these priced more realistically

- Ratings probably need to be looked at. I've just had a star sprinter that went through the entire season winning every G1 in fine style, but yet couldn't break the 127 rating. The 127 remained unaltered throughout. This problem seems more prominent in sprints, but across the boards, it's a lot harder to get into the high 130's now (even when it's justified).

- All of the usual random game crashes still occur. I don't even think of this as a problem anymore, but just part and parcel of being a starters order player. Nevertheless, it gets a mention.

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:01 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Playing properly for the first time, issues so far...
I may agree with you about race pace but I think it's more about a lack of front runners in races. I've noticed the pace is only upped if the front runner get's challenged and I've yet to have two group 1 early paced horses take each other on to determine this.

Betting in the game is unrealistic no matter what happens. Lose a handicap and enter a group/listed race to get silly odds and vice versa.

I agree with sprinter ratings, I couldn't get above 125, winning 5 group 1's in a row, only raised 5lbs.

Edit:

I don`t have any crashes anymore, they died down and stopped over a month ago.

Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:24 am
Handicapper

- This is carried over from so6, unrealistic odds. You see global superstars in the game that are unbeaten opening up at 2/1. I would like to see these priced more realistically

It's a very simple one for me this. It's time betting wasn't part of the game. If people find it too hard to play without betting? Then on the easy setting you could start off with a much bigger bank balance and more horses in your stable.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:58 pm
Group 1 winner

dragontrainer wrote:
I may agree with you about race pace but I think it's more about a lack of front runners in races. I've noticed the pace is only upped if the front runner get's challenged and I've yet to have two group 1 early paced horses take each other on to determine this.

Betting in the game is unrealistic no matter what happens. Lose a handicap and enter a group/listed race to get silly odds and vice versa.

I agree with sprinter ratings, I couldn't get above 125, winning 5 group 1's in a row, only raised 5lbs.

Edit:

I don`t have any crashes anymore, they died down and stopped over a month ago.

I've not played in a month so perhaps it's changed but I noticed what u said about front runners , there is a total lack of front runners . I was trying to buy front runners but there never seemed to be any , one race they would front run then they would be hold up horses . It got on my nerves .

Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:22 pm
Group 2 winner

[quote="ghostzapper74"
I've not played in a month so perhaps it's changed but I noticed what u said about front runners , there is a total lack of front runners . I was trying to buy front runners but there never seemed to be any , one race they would front run then they would be hold up horses . It got on my nerves .[/quote]

Maybe I was lucky but the first 100% stallion I bought at auction was a front runner and 8 generations later his genes are still strong in my horses. Even when I breed my front running stallions with hold-up mares bought at auction, front runners are produced.

I give all my front running horses a "challenge early" instruction and they are almost unbeatable in the game.

My current game is 36 seasons old and my horses have won 500+ group races. That statistic is probably skewed because I breed about 50 mares a season and only keep 2 or 3 horses each season who are capable of winning group races. In some ways the game has become very easy now that I have a pool of top class horses.

The only green bar that is really good is the potential bar and my horses max out at 5yo. I can't get the extra speed or cruising burst bars to stick. They are only about 60%.

The only races my horses can't win regularly is 2yo races. For some reason my 2yo horses rarely finnish better than mid-field yet go on to win multiple group races.

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:10 pm
Group 1 winner

That's good to know , what about over jumps !!! They seemed to be worse over jumps.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:50 am
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
That's good to know , what about over jumps !!! They seemed to be worse over jumps.

I havn't tried a jumps only game but I do have a combined game that is only 8 seasons old but it was started by importing 2 stallions and 10 mares from my flat game. I have bred them with a few gamebred jumps horses but the AI in my combined game seems to to produce good flat horses but only mediocre jumps horses so it is hard to find good gamebred jumpers to breed with my mares.

My homebred horses started from the flat imports are doing OK over fences but are not as dominant in races.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:46 am
Handicapper

Started a new game in last patch. Have a couple front runners in barn. No good ones yet but they are out there in my game too:

This is a flat game, so no clue on jumps from mine.

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]