View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Trainer Mode 
Handicapper

Post Trainer Mode
After the first few weeks of the season, you no longer get emails from owners of your horses asking about the chances of their horses in their respective races. I've just played a whole season without a single email from any of my owners. This means they are always bordering on unhappy or even worse they are seething! So, it makes building a stable in trainer mode virtually impossible. Also you never get any training requests during a season and if you're lucky you might get a couple before the start of each season.

The trainer mode needs more work.

Wed May 01, 2019 9:45 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Trainer Mode
savio1978 wrote:
The trainer mode needs more work.

At least it won't be alone and lonely, there's plenty to keep it company just now :lol:

Thu May 02, 2019 8:18 am
Handicapper

In SO6 this mode worked OK but I thought there would be some improvements going forward to make it even more playable. I don't play the owner mode because its far too easy to dominate the game and it has no difficulty arc....just like SO6.

My problem with trainer mode is that my current owners never send me any more horses to train even though I expertly placed their horses in the right races thus putting wins and places on the board with what can only be described as very "modest" horses.
They are never angry or happy, they are in a perpetual state of indifference (slightly red faced) Even if you put them away and tell them their horse has no chance and it bolts up hard on the snaff or tell them it has a great chance and it trails in last! Still no change in their attitude?

This side of the game could be so much more. It should have goals you need to meet before you get more requests and you get rewarded for being a good trainer. Also if you're not doing very good you should get warned by owners their horses will be sent to another trainer if results don't improve. Things like this. Even just some random training requests throughout the season would be a definite improvement.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree the trainer mode needs work, I thought it did in so6 too. It would be good for owners who have horses with you and are happy to give you more horses at the start of every year. As well as this it would be good to get more offers throughout the season if you are doing well, but these offers shouldnt be from the top owners as they only seem to be. At the beginning of the career it should be the lower owners giving you horses.

Neves_rats, in regards to the things you are looking for, realistic race fields, form etc, the way so7 is now is by far the best any version of starters orders has ever been thanks to some of the more recent updates.

Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:21 pm
Group 3 winner

qwsa wrote:
Neves_rats, in regards to the things you are looking for, realistic race fields, form etc, the way so7 is now is by far the best any version of starters orders has ever been thanks to some of the more recent updates.

Just need the schedule (the bit that is generated at the start of a game, not the feature race side) updating to reflect the version of the game and the increased pool size and player stable size and then I'll start a new game, though I hate saying goodbye to a save that has hundreds of hours invested in, but a whole new game would be good to see how things are, but do need the increased opportunities for lower class horses first, this includes maidens for 2 year olds mid to late season of 7 furlongs plus as there is a shortage of these too.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:28 am
Selling plater

Hi All

Thought I would give this mode a spin since the game has now come out of Beta and expected it to be much more developed since SO6. Good point is that owners dont rob you of horses anymore in SO6 after winning group races, suddenly out of the blue your owner moves them to another stable, god that was irritating.

Bad points - I have just played an entire season and did extremely well landing massive gambles and won a couple of Group 1s ended up with a fully equipped stable and £6.7 million in the bank to carry over, yet throughout the season not one extra horse from any owners even though I did as many open days as possible. I even put my charges down to the minimum and my percentage down to minimum, yet the tumbleweed still blew by!!

Secondly and very importantly, in real life trainer's do not pay entry fees, vets fees, travelling fees etc as these expenses are all passed onto the owner however in this game the trainer pays for everything and his only income is the training fee and prize money commission, which is nonsense and needs sorting out. If you have no good horses your money dwindles away very quickly as you are paying for everything, do you honestly think any trainer in real life runs his business like that!!..........no!!

I think with a couple of tweeks, this mode would be a brilliant addition to the main game as it represents a better challenge as we all know you can dominate the main game once you get your breeding barn into full swing.

The trainer game does need work, but has done for years and thought in SO7 this would have been rectified as it has been a few years since SO6 where trainer mode was an 'experiment' I was told. With it still being here that experiment should now be fully operational especially considering the time between both releases. Hopefully it will be tweeked in a patch soon as a lot of the games buyers want this mode to work as well as the main game.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:47 pm
Selling plater

I take it back with regards to the owners giving horses!! I have just had an owner remove all 32 of his horses from a trainer and give them to me!! so it does actually happen, I suppose you have to be very patient.

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:24 am
Handicapper

So did owners send you breeding stock before? The menus get weird when they do now:

First "My racing stable" tab is the racing stable, second - shown as selected - is where the breeding stock went.

I got those in July of year one in a combined UK game:

Which makes me also wonder about how random the owner choices are. It was my second open house. I did buy most facilities and a handful of extra stalls (won a place accumulator bet on long shots in the second day of the game).

I only had starter owner's horses plus two really badly bred 2 yr olds from my first open house. I'd won only some novice/maidens and some very low handicaps with those poor things. And on the second open house I got another badly bred 2 yr old, a 4 yr old low handicap placed mare ... and .. and that. Which was a G2 winner, a few group placed horses, two studs, four mares (one already in foal).

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]