View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Invert the Lineage Line 
Group 1 winner

Post Invert the Lineage Line
Would it problematic to add an option to invert the lineage line so that the female line is on the bottom half? I may be wrong but I think it's the universal way of doing it? The real horse lineage pages I deal with have the female line on the bottom half. You have that button in the upper right that allows you to change the lineage line look, maybe add another setting to it to invert the lineage line so that the female line is on the bottom please. Thanks for considering.

An example of a lineage line from Pedigree Query. Dam on the bottom half...

Thu May 09, 2019 10:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Invert the Lineage Line
Thank you so much for implementing my request and the I assume the more turf races one too and so quickly to boot.

I'm going to restart a new game now after I add more stud farms to Canada so I can breed to all those beasts. Hopefully somewhere along the line the Canadian horses being far superior advantage can be fixed.

Warning to future SO7 league players I am going to take advantage of an obvious bias that exists with the Canadian horses. Almost all of them are highly talented. You're all welcome to them too.

Fri May 10, 2019 6:48 pm
Site Admin

I'm not sure why the canadian horses are superior. It could be because the initial pool of foreign horses are of a higher average quality than the local pool and then their offspring benefit from a higher quality breeding pool but then that should apply to all individual foreign pools (in all games).

Fri May 10, 2019 7:53 pm
Group 1 winner

But surely this should be rectified? Its been a problem in previous games that foreign horses are far better than home horses.

Fri May 10, 2019 8:07 pm
Site Admin

The foreign pools are intended for foreign feature races only and not to populate the lower class races that would occur if that locality had a full schedule. If the initial foreign game horses were on average the same quality as the local pool then the foreign feature races would be way too easy to win (for player or local horses) as the foreign pools are much smaller.

Pre SO7 there were some boosts to keep the foreign quality up as the game progressed but these are not in SO7 and I presume it's down to breeding but need to double check things.

Fri May 10, 2019 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]