View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Maturity Rate Stat Bar 
Group 1 winner

Post Maturity Rate Stat Bar
There's a stat bar for Maturity Rate. It's been there ever since you've introduced the stats bars to the game. I have yet to see anything from it. What's the deal with it? Can you put it to good use at some point or just get rid of it?

Sun May 19, 2019 7:51 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Maturity Rate Stat Bar
Is it meant to be a hidden stats bar?

Sun May 19, 2019 9:31 pm
Group 1 winner

I doubt that if there is an open bar there to be seen including a description of what it's for. I'd like to use it if it's good for something.

Mon May 20, 2019 5:40 am
Handicapper

I agree that it is odd as it stand now. Either remove the non-visible half-bar, or let us see it.

I'd prefer to see it, as when you look at a real horse you can see how mature it currently is. What you may not know though is when it will fill out. If both sides have the same pattern, you know, but if there are early and late maturers (new word) on both sides you won't know in advance. And even then environment may do things (high protein food make faster, a foal illness make later, etc.).

So if the bar is a measure of current maturity, I think it should be visible. That is usually plain as day.

If it is a bar indicating when maturity will occur, then it makes more sense to hide it. You either know that from consistent lineage, or you don't.

Mon May 20, 2019 2:56 pm
Group 3 winner

Hechicera wrote:
So if the bar is a measure of current maturity, I think it should be visible. That is usually plain as day.

I like this, makes sense much like the potential bars. But you would maybe see if a horse is on a downwards slide and see a possible reason.

I have horses that seem to perform at certain times of the season (maybe tracks/going/competition), so might look like a downward slide but isn't.

Quote:
If it is a bar indicating when maturity will occur, then it makes more sense to hide it. You either know that from consistent lineage, or you don't

Maybe! I often send fillies to the breeding barn who seem to be under performing and retiring colts who do the same. Would change my way of playing if I knew they were going to be late to mature. I'm not too sure lineage has anything to do with it unless of course it is consistent in your game

Wed May 22, 2019 3:13 am
Handicapper

dragontrainer wrote:
I'm not too sure lineage has anything to do with it unless of course it is consistent in your game

I can't be 100% sure as it is a hidden stat, but it seems inheritable. If the parents had the same maturity pattern, the foals seem to follow.

Wed May 22, 2019 5:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]