View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Battling Qualities 
Handicapper

Post Battling Qualities
Not seen anyone else mention this which I'm quite surprised about but in the flat game every horse I buy/breed has the same battling qualities (10%).

I've bred around 50 horses and they all have the same and bizarrely it took me a while to notice this. So I purchased around 50 horses just to see if it's the same and it is.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thu May 23, 2019 8:49 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Battling Qualities
Battling Qualities is a hard bar to keep high. I have bought a few horses with high BQ but after a generation or 2 it seems to breed out of the horses genes.

Unless there has been a drastic change of emphasis from SO6 to SO7, I don't think battling qualities has that great an effect on a horses performance.

Thu May 23, 2019 9:16 pm
Handicapper

I understand that. But the fact that every single horse in the game seems to have the same is a little suspicious to me.

Thu May 23, 2019 10:09 pm
Group 1 winner

They're out there. I have one. If you find one with more than 10% try to find a place for it in your breeding if it has decent other stats.

An old post of mine...

SiriusChill wrote:
I'll repeat...

Quote:
If two horses of equal stats are racing head and head in the stretch but with one having better BQ that BQ horse will most likely out fight the other. BQ seems to only come in play when horses are head and head in the stretch.

I'm sure this is where this stat comes into play. You can see it happen in the races.

I'll also add if you are looking for game horses in the breeding shed who should have battling Qualities higher than 10% look at their formcard and look for the comments "Battled back" and "gamely".

Thinking about it. Battling Qualities are probably most effective with front runners when they have a horse run up to them in the stretch.

Thu May 23, 2019 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]