View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Gallops Feedback More Helpful and Consistent? 
Handicapper

Post Gallops Feedback More Helpful and Consistent?
I'm a new player (though I've just put in like 50 hours this week lol) and I use gallops to help me pick the right distance for my horses because I'm not that great at it yet. I know when I ride them I can get a lot of info out of where the "on the pace" bar for them is and in how the yellow line grows throughout the run, but I can only do that for one horse out of two at a time. I'm on about my third season and the only comments I've received from my head lad, on the occasions they actually came through, was referring to the horse's fitness, which I can already see on their info page. Or telling me that my Australian flat schedule horse will be better at jumps.

Can it be made that the head lad gives feedback every time your horse runs in a gallop? And gives more useful information like jockeys do, such as information about the distance, pace, how the horse likes to run? Maybe in the easier game even tips about what class the head lad thinks the horse might get to (even if it's just vague)? Or at least actual run times for each horse (maybe even splits) so you can compare that to form cards to see how it compares?

Given the impact on condition, you can't run them in gallops very often if you want a full racing schedule, so it'd be nice to get some actual value out of taking the time to do it manually.

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:43 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Gallops Feedback More Helpful and Consistent?
I love the racing class thing especially but this whole post is a good idea. Gathering info about a horse can be a real pain and this could be a big help.

Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:38 pm
Handicapper

Oh thank you!

I also wish jockey mode had a little more depth to it, but I know that's probably not possible yet. I play a game called Champion Racer (used to be G1 Jockey) and the HUD on that during a race is awesome. The bars for "potential" (juice for the final straight) and stamina are different, so you can see if your horse is getting tired but sometimes you can still pull off a win if you build potential up a lot. You can also see if the horse is settled or annoyed or eager to go or if it's upset about being next to another horse in the straight. And if it's having trouble changing lead or doesn't like that bend (this could be a combination of the hidden quirk I've heard about but also poor agility + tight track = doesn't like the bend).

Like this:

It would be awesome if some of those "keep track of this" information could be selected in the UI as well. Like if you find out a horse's racing style, you can drop down a box and mark them as such. And it would be cool if you could make notes on races and training gallops (if they were kept in a race list or in a new tab) so you could note on a race if the horse got boxed in or the jockey rode a different style to what they said they did.

I hope I don't sound like a bad new player, coming in with all these new ideas :shock: It's just a really cool game but the UI isn't very user friendly and I'm studying internet communications at university, so I notice those kinds of things.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:23 am
Selling plater

You can make notes on your horse. On the stable screen just highlight the horse and press N, a bar will
appear at the bottom and you can make all notes you like.

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]