View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Historical Mode for Stats of Owned Horses? 
Handicapper

Post Historical Mode for Stats of Owned Horses?
I know the stats bars aren't an exact science, especially potential, but at the very least, the speed and stamina bars can have a lot of impact on whether or not your horse runs well in a certain race. And now that I'm racing 2yos and breeding yearlings, I'm finding myself having to keep updating spreadsheets - more than I'm actually playing the game sometimes. I had one colt change his speed bar 4 times over his 2yo season, which obviously affected his success and tracking it made me realise I shouldn't sell him when it dropped, because he fluctuated from 88% down to 55% and then back up to 88% again by the end of the year.

Would it be possible to have the game track changes in the horse stats? Maybe with a dropdown box dated on the day a change was recorded so you could look at the old bars? That way it wouldn't have to say "changed down by x%", since I know the numbers aren't supposed to be exact. Especially with breeding stock, since they can get quite old and drop their potential and it can be difficult to remember what it looked like when they were 3yos etc.

To keep the difficulty and randomness, maybe it could only track while you actually own the horse, so you can't go back and see stats of a horse you bought?

Or maybe a built-in screenshot system that recognises which horse's page you're on and sorts the screenshots into folders based on the horse? I don't know, that might be more difficult to implement but it would retain the "have to pay attention to notice changes yourself" rather than noticing a drop down box come up. Or maybe even just like the potential bar is, so you get a "this is the highest it's ever been" shadow but maybe it doesn't show when in particular it was < this might be the easiest one to code if there's already stuff for the potential bar, I'm guessing.

I know this is possibly a bit excessive on the stat tracking, but the combination of having too many horses, not being able to quickly decide who to let go by comparing them side-by-side and having memory problems because of ADHD and chronic fatigue made me decide to ask anyway :lol: Maybe it could be a game option too, for people who like the challenge or already have a system, like the "hide stats all together" mode. I don't think it would affect the realism of the game, because in real life we'd have results from gallops to go by on how a horse is doing speed, stamina and acceleration-wise and I'm assuming trainers keep track of that somehow to see how a horse improves (or doesn't).

ETA: Sorry for the triple post, the website kept saying that it couldn't load the page and when I refreshed, it must have posted again :shock: I'd like a historical view but I'm not that eager lol.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]