View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Random scheduling of minor races 
Group 3 winner

Post Random scheduling of minor races
I see many posts asking for more lower class races be it hcps, claimers, sales etc. and can see why those players would like it that way but as an old league player and a future league player this would not be a good thing. Personally I would prefer more higher end hcps and listed races etc..

I then noticed someone mention the non-feature races are randomised at the start of your game and got to wondering if there could be a slider or sliders to change the randomness of such races or if they even exist at all.
ie. In my game there would be no claimers or sellers and more higher end races, still random but more a game that suits me.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:26 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Random scheduling of minor races
I agree. For me I almost never enter in seller races. A way to tone this would be good.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:25 am
Group 1 winner

I think this could be a difference between the league mode game and the non league mode game, because for the average player who doesn't play for the league, we tend to have all class of horses and there is almost no races to run horses in at certain points through the season.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:50 pm
Handicapper

I've been pretty vocal about the default races not being moddable, so it might have been my post you saw but I'm adding my support too. I second the idea of a slider style choice, with maybe a slider for each race type (maiden, handicap, claimer, etc) and also maybe an average distance slider. I've got so many 1m4f+ horses who get 1 race a month as an option because they're not stakes horses and it's a C3 race that gets everything from C7 horses to C3. Meanwhile, I've got 50 (!) maiden races in the same time period.

I'm definitely the person who has pointed out that seller and claimer races don't really exist in Australian racing. Not to mention, in real life, the Australian handicap system is completely different but I'm not asking for massive overhauls.

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]