View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Starters Orders as an MMO 
Group 1 winner

Post Starters Orders as an MMO
MMO's are massively multiplayer online games. I think this is where starters orders would really become an incredible game. If players could play on an online server from around the world so that all horses were owned by players, and buying and selling of horses could take place between players, players could run their own stud farms, etc etc.
It could have full schedules from all countries, assuming there would be enough players in due time, and perhaps numbers could be made up by computer controlled horses until player numbers increase to the level needed to not need computer controlled horses. Players could choose the country they train in at the start of the game.
I think this would have massive potential as it really would mirror real life horse racing in pretty much every way. Obviously most of us can not and will never be able to afford to get involved in real horse racing as trainers or owners, so a game that allows you to in a realistic horse racing world would be huge I think.
Everything is there to make this possible, just maybe not the budget. I have no idea what it would take in terms of budget to make something like this possible, but crowd sourcing and investments could make it feasible.
Of course this all depends on whether this is the direction Mark wants to take the game. But I do think it would be the ultimate format for the game to be as big and as realistic as possible.

Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:09 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Starters Orders as an MMO
I would love this!

Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:32 pm
Selling plater

Sounds like a great idea. It would grow huge in time.

Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah, definitely, I'd like to think this is where the series will end up. I remember this kind of set-up was talked about in the forum a few years ago, when the future direction of the league was being discussed. Personally, I don't have any interest in the league as it is just now, but I'd definitely get involved in an MMO version of the game, if it arrives at some point in the future.

Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:39 pm
Group 1 winner

If its the direction Mark would like to go, I definitely think its possible. I think the demand would be there, and you'd only need to mirror real life racing in terms of the numbers of races. I'd argue the game already has most of what would be needed to go into the MMO direction now.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:42 am
Selling plater

Yeahhhhh

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]