View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:47 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Atten' Mark 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Atten' Mark
Tomas wrote:
I use the ttf file to transfer between my Australian, UK, UK Jumps games that's what I use the ttf file for if the transfer stops for none league players then the game would be as good as dead.

Tomas - what you are describing is just transfering a horse or horses from an English game to an Australian game - no one wants to stop that.
If you haven't played in the League then you may find it hard to understand.
ttf manipulated horses in the league would beat your best horse by at least a furlong - if not more.

This is about making x-amount of copies of your best horse (cloning it if you like) - it's like breeding on steroids.
What the League is asking for will not in any single way effect non league players. If you were to breed like this in your game - everyone of your horses would be unbeatable in your single player - you would be 100% bored of the game in weeks - you would have to be crackers to breed like this in your single player game - 100% Troppo!

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:51 pm
Group 2 winner

I am so sorry to all you guys, I am so slow when it comes to understanding about computers and how they work, so you mean if the ttf file wasn't in the save I can still transfer horses between Australia and the UK?
if that was the case then what's the big problem mark get rid of the ttf file for the guys and let them have their fun in the league.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:26 pm
Site Admin

Part of the problem is that I should have specified an early SO7 exhibition or trial league season to get all these issues ironed out. As people were keen to have another SO6 season and I had plenty of bug fixing to do I left it. I had not realised how quickly people would want to get invested in SO7 breeding while the SO6 league was finishing.

It's up to the league players to find a consensus. Personally I would have an exhibition season or two with everything as-is. During this process bugs can be ironed out and improvements made and if it is felt necessary a restart could be looked at and agreed upon at a later date depending on how things go. SO7 is likely to be around for a number of years all being well so there is plenty of time. Even if a restart happened then at least players would have been able to run their current horses in the early season(s).

There is supposed to be a way of identifying any horse that has been transferred or is the ancestor of a horse that has been transferred. I'm not sure this code is working so need to look at this. If a restart happened at some point this could be introduced and other requests could also be looked at.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:27 pm
Group 3 winner

Mark by doing nothing means there's no future for the league, i'd say half the people who played last year are probably not coming back and there's very few new players to tap into. If we don't decide now what path we going down then there will be no league going forward.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:41 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Personally I would have an exhibition season or two with everything as-is. During this process bugs can be ironed out and improvements made and if it is felt necessary a restart could be looked at and agreed upon at a later date depending on how things go. SO7 is likely to be around for a number of years all being well so there is plenty of time. Even if a restart happened then at least players would have been able to run their current horses in the early season(s).

Personally I think this would be a good way forward and solution. There is no reason why we can't have a full trial league season. Run it - iron out whatever bugs come along - even if we have to delay the next weeks races for a week or two while a bug is fixed - no worries. Everyone who has already bred horses can race those horses and any new trainers can enter a stable and get an idea where they're at.
Then we can re-set, implement the new rules and an official starting date (January 1st for example) and everyone starts with a clear slate and we could start the official new SO7 League season on Feb 1st and for the next three to four years we have a fairer competition with clear cut definitive rules for League breeding.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:22 am
Group 3 winner

Doug I'm 110 percent against this, so what is going to get sorted after a league season that can't be sorted now. If everyone wants to bury their heads in the sand then that's fine, SO6 probably was the best the league has ever been and yet we probably had 30 to 40 percent less people playing then SO5. If that's not a problem then I don't know what is. We all know what will happen after the first season, nothing. Unless we work out what's best for the league going forward before we even get a season then nothing will change, if everyone is happy with statas quo then fine.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 am
Group 1 winner

All this is beyond me to be honest so some people have just downloaded the game and
now want changes made and all of those who have been playing for 8 months just have to
suck it up and wait for the reset button to be clicked and loose everything they have been
working on. Thats just not right it cant be right it seems to be hugely unfair and over what a
ttf file thats been around since the beginning of so5 I guarantee you anyone who had 15 to 20
or more wins in the league over the last couple of seasons used the ttf system those who did not
chose not to that was up to them everything was out in the open and
they could have used it.

When SO7 was released we all knew the ttf was still there so the same story as 5 & 6 some minor
restrictions but still there we all knew that not much was said then 8 months down the line and now
people want it gone. TBH this has taken all the goodness out of it & this has done me a favor and helped
me make up my mind sorry lads thats it for me I'm out.

I'd wish everyone all the best in future leagues and hope those who take part enjoy it as I have over the years.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Paul I'm not having a go but what state do u see the league is in, perhaps I'm on my own on this one but I don't see a very healthy league at all. If people think it's all down to the ttf's then they are missing the point, yes we have a massive divide on that subject but that's not the main problem. The League is suppose to be people having fun but WE ( the royal we) have sucked all the fun out of this game and league. Before I joined the league I looked at it and it took a long time for me to join but from the outside it looked fun to join and that's what I did but new people who buy the game or join the forum now don't look at it the same way. Unless we can bring the fun to the league then it has no long term future. If I was a new player now I wouldn't want to touch the league.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:04 am
Handicapper

ghosty wrote:
Paul I'm not having a go but what state do u see the league is in, perhaps I'm on my own on this one but I don't see a very healthy league at all. If people think it's all down to the ttf's then they are missing the point, yes we have a massive divide on that subject but that's not the main problem. The League is suppose to be people having fun but WE ( the royal we) have sucked all the fun out of this game and league. Before I joined the league I looked at it and it took a long time for me to join but from the outside it looked fun to join and that's what I did but new people who buy the game or join the forum now don't look at it the same way. Unless we can bring the fun to the league then it has no long term future. If I was a new player now I wouldn't want to touch the league.

As someone who's played SO for a while over a few iterations (back to Stable Masters...though not sure if that was ever anything to do with Mark but it was similar). I still class myself as new when it comes to the league as I've never joined. I got back into the game with SO5 and was going to join the league then but I bought it literally the day before SO6 came out so missed the boat and didn't buy SO6 as i'd just got SO5. What am I getting at? My point is that I want to join the league to race against other people. Whether I end up racing in G1s or C6/C7 seller rated races I don't care, the fun in it is to race others. I would like to have an even standing so I'd have more chance in a G1, but in the end it would never be the sole reason to join so I don't really care about it, and I think a lot of newer players interested in the league would look at it in the same way.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:30 am
Handicapper

ghosty wrote:
Doug I'm 110 percent against this, so what is going to get sorted after a league season that can't be sorted now. If everyone wants to bury their heads in the sand then that's fine, SO6 probably was the best the league has ever been and yet we probably had 30 to 40 percent less people playing then SO5. If that's not a problem then I don't know what is. We all know what will happen after the first season, nothing. Unless we work out what's best for the league going forward before we even get a season then nothing will change, if everyone is happy with statas quo then fine.

I'm with John on this. Let's get this sorted now so everyone knows where they stand.

I don't want to breed for another year using ttfs just to be told I have to start again from scratch.

At the moment we are reading the opinions of a few trainers, we really need to hear an opinion from some of the other senior members of the league, people like Gray, Del, Holgar, Daniel, David etc..

I may be wrong, but from my viewpoint, Doug is the only one saying "No" to ttfs in the league. While I value Dougs' opinion, is one voice enough to make such radical changes.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Handicapper

Mark wrote:
There is supposed to be a way of identifying any horse that has been transferred or is the ancestor of a horse that has been transferred. I'm not sure this code is working so need to look at this. If a restart happened at some point this could be introduced and other requests could also be looked at.

If there is some code to identify ttf horses, can something be made available to the general public to use. I have some backups of my earlier saves and I think I didn't use ttf files in them but would like it if there was a simple program I could run to check these horses. These earlier saves would at least mean I didn't have to start from scratch again if the horses are ok in them.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:21 pm
Handicapper

Hi all,

Please don’t bight my head off, only questions/suggestions

Just had a thought. Assuming that this goes ahead there will be a restart? Yes, No?

A) what about people who don’t play in the league, they’re going to loose they’re progress / horses. I don’t know the percentages or anything like that for how many people play the league. But it seems a bit unfair if it is only for a small group of people. Maybe something can be put up in the general discussion part of the forum so people who don’t play in the league / use or don’t use ttf’s can engage in the discussion.

B) what about people who have just bought the game and have started playing and don’t go on the forums I know I didn’t in SO6, then it was reset.

C) if there is a restart what will happen to the league? SO7 isn’t SO6 it can take ages to get something worthwhile to start breeding with it might put people off.

D) if there is a restart, and a button is put in for league play only so not using ttf’s or normal play and using ttf’s. What happens if someone what’s to join the league in future but they’re playing the normal game and have used ttf’s for breeding. Can they join the league?

Yasmin

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:11 pm
Group 1 winner

Honestly I am with Doug I want the TTF Gone but again the horse as bolted and some guys been playing for 8 months and it would be a waste of time for them so I can understand Paul and Jim I haven't been playing it for 8 months I got only one game going at the moment a Combined game as I deleted the game I started on the Flat when the game came out do to the schedule and I wouldn't play it when I sorted one out and only did 3 seasons so had no good horses anyway.

My game is 8 seasons long and i have about 10 horses Flat/Jumps exported to C/K i have a small pool of Mares/Stallions which contest 2 stallions and 16 Mares bought from Auctions so as you can see i am no way near even thinking of a league team and its July now if i want a team i have to think should i start using the ttf to get one honestly i cant be bothered it ruins the game and fun out of the game for me and if you see my league stats over the last 4/5 seasons you can see i am droppong down the trainers list i have never been at the top table but i would be in Top Ten.

I have had enough banging away and i feel this is how Doug and some other players feel because even if they used them they don't play often enough still to be competitive and like other also rans you get to the stage what's the point the Game should be Fun but it comes to Joining the league the fun goes out with the skipping and constant breeding I want a fairer Playing Field and I think the ttf file is not making it a fairer playing field and somebody as said its killing the League we are not getting enough new Trainers and we are losing old ones like Martyn Cairns, James O'Shea to name two.

So we Have to make a Decision Guys the way forward Now I hope Paul will take part in whatever way we go either way the next League season maybe a long way off if we get one at all if we dont have the numbers it wont be worth it.

Gray

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I may be wrong, but from my viewpoint, Doug is the only one saying "No" to ttfs in the league. While I value Dougs' opinion, is one voice enough to make such radical changes.

Didn't you read the forums for the past 18 months of SO6? Or did you chose to ignore the trainers that voiced their displeasure? Or do I have to point out that a lot of trainers thought you were fixing the races you were running so your horses won in the second to last SO6 league?

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:30 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:

Didn't you read the forums for the past 18 months of SO6? Or did you chose to ignore the trainers that voiced their displeasure? Or do I have to point out that a lot of trainers thought you were fixing the races you were running so your horses won in the second to last SO6 league?

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:31 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next