View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Atten' Mark 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Atten' Mark
NPG319 wrote:
ghosty wrote:
Doug what do u mean by abusing the ttf's, I'd like to know what u mean by it. I don't think i've ever abused using them because I think u breeding the wrong way by doing it if u mean u put the same horse in over and over again.

If you use one horse over and over again and it never 'dies'. The horse should live to 16 for example and that's it. And if it was a mare you get approx 10 foals from it and not 160 foals because it can be copied into 16 games. Or if it is a stallion it covers all your mares in your stable a year until it dies - which means it would approx cover 10 mares a season.
To be able to copy any horse in the game for league purposes is wrong.

If people see this as part n parcel of the game - good luck to them but I see it as cheating.

Doug if people are using the same horse over and over again then I thinking u breeding wrong, u end up going around in circles and u not moving forward. When I get home from work i'll go find some pics of my flat horses to see if they are all in breeds from SO6, I have no idea of their breeding but we'll see if my horses ended up as the same. I've said for years to get shot of the ttf's but Mark has never wanted it and sadly u only get 3 or 4 good years with these horses, unless mark could fix the horses from losing their potential when they get older at stud then sadly the ttf's would have to stay.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:01 am
Handicapper

Still no idea why I seem to be the only person playing the game that is able to breed foals of equal quality no matter the age of the dam and sire. There are always those that are worse than others at whatever age, but the percentage seems indifferent across the age timeline.

As for the TTFs, I for one would be at a disadvantage if these were removed. I use multiple devices and in order to continue a decent breeding regime need to transfer horses from one device to the other. This already gives a disadvantage by essentially limiting the number to transfer. I can quickly build a stable up, but end up needing to reduce to the 16 horses after a certain time in order to move to another device again. Other wise I'd only breed a season or two and end up having to start a new game (going back to games after 2/3 weeks or more doesn't work for me). Of course I do have an alternative which is to continually migrate all saves I'm working on between devices...but that is not really viable for many reasons.

Maybe Mark could place something against the horse to identify if it came from TTF or it's lineage did in some form (back to 5-10 gens). So then for league purposes you could essentially handicap TTF horses? Though again this would potentially disadvantage those using TTF and not exploiting the system.

As I've mentioned in other posts though, go or stay, I don't mind as I'd play the game none-the-less....however I am severely against a restart due to amount of time I have put in since launch! Again though, it wouldn't stop me playing the game from scratch.

Though to be fair, using TTFs or not, some people will be disadvantaged if they choose to breed for the league in one game only that has not created any high quality game stallions at stud vs someone who is in a game that has sent multiple horses to stud with 100% potential, though they may never know it!

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 am
Group 1 winner

Been quiet on this but I can see why Paul is screaming we all know the effort yhe top guys put into the league team. I can also see Doug's Point being a player who wants to be in the league but plays the long game and knowing his horses will never be able to compete in the races he wants to try and at least get close to winning.

This is the problem the TTF file has caused the league and people who been friends on here now having a go at each other I like Doug thought the TTF would be gone and the horse would go yo the pool and would be able to be used once in another new Game start and this should of been done from the start not 8 months later.

The Solution should be horse ages Horse Dies end of that horse and players who don't play the league saying they want them when you come to it are just cheating in any new game start because if you got 16 horses from the ttf in your new game you be top trainer in season 1 what's the point of playing a game where you always No 1.

Gray

P.S
@League players dont fall out guys
@Mark good luck sorting this

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

I've come up with the perfect ( not) idea, we have a button for people who only want to play normally and the ones who want to totally use the ttf's then their horses get a two stone penalty and have to carry 2 stone more in every race. Or perhaps people who want to use the ttf's are only allowed to run in group races and maidens. It would be a 2 tier system within 1 league. Ok it's not perfect but can u do any better. :lol:

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:06 am
Handicapper

simpleminds wrote:
I can also see Doug's Point being a player who wants to be in the league but plays the long game and knowing his horses will never be able to compete in the races he wants to try and at least get close to winning.

There is a chance though that this could happen regardless of TTF file usage (though admittedly the TTF file use increases the chance). Some games will have better horses in it than others (player and AI), if you are in one game you might never have the chance to breed to a 100% potential or 100% Extra Speed horse, whilst others might get multiple chances in their game as the game has generated more and they've not retired and instead all gone on to stud, etc.

simpleminds wrote:
This is the problem the TTF file has caused the league and people who been friends on here now having a go at each other I like Doug thought the TTF would be gone and the horse would go yo the pool and would be able to be used once in another new Game start and this should of been done from the start not 8 months later.

Mark did implement this at one stage (wasn't aware it had gone), though he would never be able to stop people copying the ttf.db file on their own PC and importing the horses into multiple game as it stands. If everyone played networked and obtained a TTF direct from the cloud then it would potentially be possible to limit....but this would likely be be an unnecessary cost for Mark. Alternatively giving each horse a unique code and scanning every game for that code before allowing an import would possibly work...but would likely use up to much processing time and need a complete reboot of the game.

simpleminds wrote:
The Solution should be horse ages Horse Dies end of that horse and players who don't play the league saying they want them when you come to it are just cheating in any new game start because if you got 16 horses from the ttf in your new game you be top trainer in season 1 what's the point of playing a game where you always No 1.

From my perspective alone using the TTF allows me to at least look to be competitive with everyone else when I look to enter the league. If it were not there I doubt I'd ever get past 5 or 6 years into each game, which aside from giving me the worlds best starter mares or stallion wouldn't give me a chance or be much fun. At present I sync my TTF to the cloud just before I shut down when I know I'm likely to be on a new device for a few weeks or so, i'd rather not do this for each save game, but again that's my choice, if TTF wasn't around, i'd not have the choice and either need to start a new game each week or to constantly transfer all save game files.

As for calling it cheating, the same could be said of restarting the game to get a good horse to use in breeding. You can be number 1 just by having a large pool of horses as well, as having a few hundred will almost inevitably give you more £ winnings which decides the trainer rankings. I do understand where you are coming from though.

ghosty wrote:
I've come up with the perfect ( not) idea, we have a button for people who only want to play normally and the ones who want to totally use the ttf's then their horses get a two stone penalty and have to carry 2 stone more in every race. Or perhaps people who want to use the ttf's are only allowed to run in group races and maidens. It would be a 2 tier system within 1 league. Ok it's not perfect but can u do any better.

Exactly what I was thinking. As I mentioned in my previous post it would put me at a disadvantage as I don't exploit TTF in the way people think it is used, but it if it eases fears of those who want rid of it then so be it.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:51 am
Group 3 winner

Ikem there's something for everyone, normal non league players get to mess around with the ttf's if they want if people have already got good horses because of the ttf's then they get to keep them but it comes at a cost if playing the league and people who just want to play a non ttf game will be at a disadvantage but will not have to battle the ttf horses unless they want to enter their horses in group races but they get to go for group 1 h'caps knowing there will be no ttf horses in those races. Something for everyone on all sides of the fence without having one side or the other having everything.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 pm
Handicapper

ghosty wrote:
Ikem there's something for everyone, normal non league players get to mess around with the ttf's if they want if people have already got good horses because of the ttf's then they get to keep them but it comes at a cost if playing the league and people who just want to play a non ttf game will be at a disadvantage but will not have to battle the ttf horses unless they want to enter their horses in group races but they get to go for group 1 h'caps knowing there will be no ttf horses in those races. Something for everyone on all sides of the fence without having one side or the other having everything.

Agreed. Though there still needs to be a way to identify the TTF lineage horses. The question would be (a) is this possible for Mark, and (b) is it possible to implement for those who have already bred extensively using a TTF file at some stage without needing a reset.

I'm sure there will be some who might not want this approach either, but you would never get to please everyone.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:12 pm
Group 3 winner

ikem007 wrote:
ghosty wrote:

Agreed. Though there still needs to be a way to identify the TTF lineage horses. The question would be (a) is this possible for Mark, and (b) is it possible to implement for those who have already bred extensively using a TTF file at some stage without needing a reset.

I'm sure there will be some who might not want this approach either, but you would never get to please everyone.

I'm sure Mark said yesterday that he could add a button for this type of thing, then it's up to everyone who wants to play in the league how they play. I think anyone who has used ttf would be allowed to keep their horses but people who wants non ttf's horses would have to start when mark added the button. It's not perfect but is there something better if so then someone better come up with it soon.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:24 pm
Group 2 winner

Have you league players counted just how many players you all are?
a hand full of league players that want to rule the play of a game, it does not make sense, Us none league players do like to transfer horses from one country to the other, that's what makes the game playable and enjoyable, surely you guys can come up with something that wouldn't change the game to that extreme.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:06 pm
Group 3 winner

Tomas wrote:
a hand full of league players that want to rule the play of a game, it does not make sense, Us none league players do like to transfer horses from one country to the other, that's what makes the game playable and enjoyable, surely you guys can come up with something that wouldn't change the game to that extreme.

I agree Tomas, I do not play league, I in fact have no idea what a ttf file is, nor how you could manipulate one, but any change that affects the game for the vast majority (non league players) in favour of the small minority (league players) has to be wrong. I have no idea how many copies of this game are sold, but would hazard a guess at at least a couple of thousand, probably more to make it viable. So to change something to benefit? possibly a dozen or so folk would be extreme in the extreme would it not?

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:24 pm
Group 1 winner

neves_rats wrote:
Tomas wrote:

I agree Tomas, I do not play league, I in fact have no idea what a ttf file is, nor how you could manipulate one, but any change that affects the game for the vast majority (non league players) in favour of the small minority (league players) has to be wrong. I have no idea how many copies of this game are sold, but would hazard a guess at at least a couple of thousand, probably more to make it viable. So to change something to benefit? possibly a dozen or so folk would be extreme in the extreme would it not?

If you don't know what a ttf file is then it would make no difference to your game as you never used it. It is a file you can find in your Documents in the so7 Folder called Saves at the bottom of the list you can see a Notepad File Called TTF this is where all your horse files you sent to the game pool are and you can copy and save it and put it on your PC so if you had a 100's of Frankel saved in the game pool and you save it on your pc you can upload 16 Frankel's into a New game but your ttf file will now have 16 less Frankel's but if you copy your saved Version of the ttf file and pasted it back into the save folders those 16 horses you used in your new game are now back in your Game Pool.

And if you play slowly and don't use the TTF you be left behind and want to play against other trainers you would not be able to compete in the league for the big races like the Derby but if you play fast just Breeding horses and using the TTF files you start to get what you call Monsters and will dominate the big races in the league what we want is a level Playing field for all League Players and a way of making it a level playing field is to control the use of the TTF file if Mark can somehow how to work a way where any league horse file can be from a game where no TTF File has been used would be fantastic but I cant see this being possible.

We not trying to stop people enjoying the game but if you want realism in the game then having the same monster uploaded into all your games is not Realism and to me Cheating I am sure in Football Manager had a ttf the guys will have 11 Ronaldos on the Field.

Gray

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
neves_rats wrote:
Tomas wrote:

If you don't know what a ttf file is then it would make no difference to your game as you never used it. It is a file you can find in your Documents in the so7 Folder called Saves at the bottom of the list you can see a Notepad File Called TTF this is where all your horse files you sent to the game pool are and you can copy and save it and put it on your PC so if you had a 100's of Frankel saved in the game pool and you save it on your pc you can upload 16 Frankel's into a New game but your ttf file will now have 16 less Frankel's but if you copy your saved Version of the ttf file and pasted it back into the save folders those 16 horses you used in your new game are now back in your Game Pool.

And if you play slowly and don't use the TTF you be left behind and want to play against other trainers you would not be able to compete in the league for the big races like the Derby but if you play fast just Breeding horses and using the TTF files you start to get what you call Monsters and will dominate the big races in the league what we want is a level Playing field for all League Players and a way of making it a level playing field is to control the use of the TTF file if Mark can somehow how to work a way where any league horse file can be from a game where no TTF File has been used would be fantastic but I cant see this being possible.

We not trying to stop people enjoying the game but if you want realism in the game then having the same monster uploaded into all your games is not Realism and to me Cheating I am sure in Football Manager had a ttf the guys will have 11 Ronaldos on the Field.

Gray

Gray Football Manager does have Ttfs , its called a editor where u can change everything to suit u needs from giving uself a billion dollars to putting all the best players on u team . U name it and u can change it , my teams always had Bale :D :D

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:20 pm
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
neves_rats wrote:
Tomas wrote:

Gray

Gray Football Manager does have Ttfs , its called a editor where u can change everything to suit u needs from giving uself a billion dollars to putting all the best players on u team . U name it and u can change it , my teams always had Bale :D :D People don't want to work up to be good any more they want instant greatness straight away that's why every game has cheats .

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:21 pm
Group 1 winner

lol I played it when I had Denis Bergkamp in my team John so forgive me not knowing that Lmao.

Gray

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

I use the ttf file to transfer between my Australian, UK, UK Jumps games that's what I use the ttf file for if the transfer stops for none league players then the game would be as good as dead.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:36 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next