View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Potential erosion and the breeding barn 
Group 3 winner

Post Potential erosion and the breeding barn
Howdy

I believe that the absolute potential and not the realised potential is considered as the basis when breeding.
So why then does the absolute potential bar slowly drop as the horse gets older?
When i look at my older mares in the breeding barn i have to try to recall what the absolute potential was or have an outside record keeping system.
Even worse for older purchased breeding mares with no idea what their potential was.

Please consider freezing the absolute potential bar, its fine to have the realised/current potential slowly degrade with age.

Cheers

Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:26 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Potential erosion and the breeding barn
I admit it would help.

One of my secret weapon flat breeding start things now is to look for a game-gen older stallion with an odd record for age. Like a listed placing at 12. And then verify he (usually AI bug or new game) didn't race at all ages 2-4. Those I grab and test breed. No matter what the UI says the invisible potential bar was likely over 80%.

It would make breeding for those more annoyed by test breediings less frustrating. And with more randomness in 7, that's a lot of good mare test breedings you need to do to know ... still worth it on game start up, but not as fun later in a game even for me.

Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]