View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Jumpa mode improvements 
Group 3 winner

Post Jumpa mode improvements
Maybe some of these points have been mentioned before but I've only just started a jumps only game and things are wrong.

1. A novice is a novice until the horse finishes a season winning a race. I tend to retire them anyway if they cannot win a race,even more so if they cannot produce in the ck but that's me and the league talking.

2. Hurdlers can take their hcp rating over to chases on their 1st run over the bigger obstacles. Often done in novice hcp chases these days.

3. Not wrong but too many bumpers (NHF races) for the game as I`m guessing here I`d rather throw my 3yo into Juvenile events than NHF races, maybe it`s just me, I know there are many bumper races placed as the last race of a meeting in real life but if we are going to have this many then we need PTP races (only joking, for now).

4. NHF races again, why do they come up as available race entries when they obviously aren't?

I have more but these are the main points.

Edit:

5. Prize money is messed up. 10yrs behind at least for graded races. NHF races should be minimal to encourage trainers to move on to novice races.

6. I see no horses win novice or bumper horses by huge margins, it`s nice to see your future champ win easily but I see why this doesn't happen and I appreciate why it doesn't happen with the new race dynamic, it makes good close races so not sure if this can happen but it's a pity it doesn't.

7. Penalties from winning a NHF do not carry forward to novice hurdles.

I hate to sound like I'm ranting on about NHF races but they and Juvenile races are the only races 3yo horses can compete and the start of most horses national hunt career. NHF races are mainly for stayers and true NH horses who for some reason are deemed not good enough to race on the flat and are not forward enough to race over hurdles. That said many NHF races are filled with non stayers who turn the race into a sprint if allowed to dictate a slow pace. A 2m flat race is a 2m flat race weather it be a flat race or a NHF race it's the same thing. Which is why the big NHF races such as the Cheltenham and Aintree bumpers are mainly dominated by real stayers destined for the Cheltenham Gold Cup and other stayer races.

Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]