View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 User Horse Name Database Entry System? 
Selling plater

Post User Horse Name Database Entry System?
Wondering if anyone thinks Mark would be open to providing a form to allow the user community to submit horse names (and genders where appropriate for those names).

I got to thinking that if we had a DB lookup that could verify unique names (like an Ajax live-lookup to avoid wasting time) then the community would be able to add names as they had time to do so and, after a period, we'd have quite a list of names for Mark to select from. If any user put in inappropriate names then their entries could be tossed out in one click so that no one would have to verify all their entries.

I, for one, would get a kick out of seeing a name I submitted (say, "Okay Boomer") show up in a later update. I suspect many of us are continually thinking of new names but we have nowhere to go with them so it's just wasted potential.

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: User Horse Name Database Entry System?
Agrajag wrote:
I suspect many of us are continually thinking of new names but we have nowhere to go with them so it's just wasted potential.

You can change the name of any horse in the game before it's had a run, not just your own. You could even just add 20 or 30 new names each season by going through the yearlings list and renaming some of them.

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]