View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Life is simply too short 
Selling plater

Post Life is simply too short
I've previously expressed our need for a 3D update to racecourses. The ones that come with the game were not edited from SO6, and the player-made tracks are all messed up - horses running through rails, cameras flickering, props out of place, crowds on the track, and crashes.

We need an update to racecourses that comes straight from Mark himself

This has been the case for a long time now, and whilst I've endeavored to do this work myself I've concluded that life is too damn short.

Courses are at the root cause of 99% of the issues people have, in terms of random crashes - that much I am certain of.

I understand the work required to create 1 course, let alone redo 50+ courses, but for this game to succeed and fulfil it's potential, these are necessary steps to take IMO

I hope this gets addressed for SO8 - Both for the sake of players and for the sake of the continuation of this series.

I'm not asking for better graphics or any development in that area. I am simply asking that the tracks get updated to be as good as they can be with what we already have available to us.

Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:24 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Life is simply too short
If there are any issues with tracks please post the details so I can make a list.

Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:51 pm
Selling plater

It's been a few months since I played now, unfortunately.

There are certain tracks with bigger issues than others, but I think the courses just need a complete overhaul, to be honest - And having played about with the course editor, trust me when I say I fully understand the work that would require.

If we could get an update that would be great, but at the very least I just hope that this is an area you can address for SO8

Thanks for getting back to me.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:09 am
Handicapper

I have been making several tracks for SO7 and the biggest issue with the course editor I have come across is stability. Some things I have come across are:
    - modded courses come with no rails visible so I have had to re-export the course so as to bring them back into view,
    - end chutes getting reset so the finish line sits on WP1 (that messes up the starting place for those courses that use them),
    - when I finish working on the waypoints and then go on to move one of the entities, the last waypoint I had worked with moves instead... this is something that is easy to miss if you work on an entity that is in a different place from the last waypoint you had worked with. This could be why some courses have horses running through the rails.

Random crashes - For some reason, the gallops course crashes in-game as soon as you select it: a user asked me about it and I tried re-exporting it but it didn't stop it from crashing. The game also crashes when I try to call up a replay from a race result... its okay if I call up a replay from a horse's form.

An autosave facility, say every 1 month into the schedule would be nice. There must be nothing worse than running through an epic season and the game crashes.

Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:56 am
Group 3 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
An autosave facility, say every 1 month into the schedule would be nice. There must be nothing worse than running through an epic season and the game crashes.

Promised myself I wouldn't post tonight but I have to say yes to this as my game crashes so much. I don't see why not auto save after every days racing and save me from manually saving every other day when I remember.

Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]