View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Bills and earnings 
Selling plater

Post Bills and earnings
Hello,

Congratulations for all the magnificient game and pleasure you give to me with SO and SO2.
First, i'd like to apologize my poor english (i'm a french fan).
I post here because i' got a little problem with money on Greyhound manager: it was impossible for me to pay my bills (for example with 6 good dogs and 3 or 4 Bigs race victory per year, i cant pay bills of 1627£ per week, the poor allowance of races don't allow me to make any profit) After 2 seasons and a lot of big victories my bank account was at -55000.
Is this possible to make profit without winning the derby and betting on races?

Thanks,

Baccarat

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:43 pm
Selling plater

1. At the start of the game buy some cheap dogs 100-200 until your kennel is full

2. Enter them in some big races get them to grade 1

3. Sell them make a very nice profit and at the end of the season if needed sell all the dogs and then purchase kennel capacity until your down to about 5k

4. Finish season with hopefully a large kennel capacity and some money to play with.

5. At the start of season 2 buy every dog you can under 400 until your kennel are full.

6. Keep which dogs are doing well and sell the others after reaching grade 1 with them.

7. If you haven't buy all upgrades.

8. At the end of the season if you need more money sell some of you dogs and increase kennel capacity.

9. By Season 4 you'll have 50 dogs with a balance of 100k +

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:13 am
Selling plater

Claffin - Although your strategy probably works, a lot of people like myself might want a more realistic way of balancing the books. I agree that it is nearly impossible to actually break even, the only realistic way is betting and hoping for some wins from that.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:09 am
Selling plater

Claffin - Although your strategy probably works, a lot of people like myself might want a more realistic way of balancing the books. I agree that it is nearly impossible to actually break even, the only realistic way is betting and hoping for some wins from that.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:11 am
Selling plater

Other than betting and buying seling dogs is to win the derby which i can almost guarantee if u flood it with dogs every year i win or atleast come second now at the moment i got this dog its almost unbeatable won everything so far 2 yo just won the derby which is always nice to have a extra 100k

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:16 am
Group 1 winner

I have found an unrealistic way of getting alot of money without really doing anything. I too noticed the problem and therefore use a little editing tool to give myself enough money to start me off.

If anyone would like the same done (would have to be a new game though), let me know and I'll see what I can do....

The Duke

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Greyhound racing prize money is very low (in the UK anyway). I actually don't know if there are any career trainer/owners in the UK but presume for most, owning dogs is a hobby. So I could have simply removed the bills but decided to leave them in the put the emphasis on betting to support your dogs. I realise this will not please everyone but at the same time I consider the betting and form analysis side of the game to be enjoyable and an enhancement to the rest of the game.

PS. I have placed a limit of two dogs per trainer in each heat (coming patch 1.01). So flooding heats will be less of a problem!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:23 am
Selling plater

Always good to have a sure winner i guess

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:12 pm
Handicapper

Well presuming them dogs qualified first and second from three separate heats I suppose there isn't really anything to stop you doing that again once the patch is done.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:29 pm
Selling plater

very true just gonna be alot harder as i will only have 2 in each heat instead of 3-4

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]