View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Buying the full game 
Selling plater

Post Buying the full game
The demo is interesting.
So what do I gain?
1. Turn off and save in the middle of a day, or at the end of a game? In the demo there's no way to save. Either do the whole six days opr lose everything.
2. Are the betting tips worthwhile?
3. Convince me.

Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:41 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Buying the full game
Wayne23 wrote:
The demo is interesting.
So what do I gain?
1. Turn off and save in the middle of a day, or at the end of a game? In the demo there's no way to save. Either do the whole six days opr lose everything.
2. Are the betting tips worthwhile?
3. Convince me.

In the full version your game is saved anytime you exit the game. The betting tips are as worthwhile as they are in real life. There is a randomness in the game the same as it is in the Starters Orders series so if you re-ran the same race several times there is no guarantee that you would get the same result every time. There are some dogs who dominate in a race and they do usually win every time, BUT there are some things that can go wrong for a dog in a race. He can be blocked out, tripped, fall on a hurdle, etc. That is what makes this game so exciting. You are biting your nails when your favorite is in a big race. You are hoping he/she will stay clear of traffic and win the race, but you just never know.

Breeding is a great as well. I have bred some pretty amazing dogs over the seasons and they have bred some nice offspring as well. Not all champions however, are guaranteed to breed more champions. It is a risk just like in real life. That is why I am so hooked on this game. Then to top off that, if you join the Greyhound Pro League and pit them against other players' hounds from around the world, you then get an entirely different perspective on your breeding skills. What more can I say? It's a blast.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]