View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 greyhound game 
Selling plater

Post greyhound game
Hello all i wonder if anyone can help me i'm new to the game as was looking for a few tips as everytime i play the game i have never been able to get past a single season without going into the red can anyone help cheers all.
Steve.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:53 am
Handicapper

I play the greyhound game still and although this is posted in the wrong forum section it may as well be here as no-one replies to threads in the greyhound anymore.
I hava a balance of £150000 ish at the moment and breeding lines stetching their way out.
I basically bought a good dog at auction by group 1 breeding, then sold my dogs at the start to get some income. THen look for other dogs at the auction that are posting fast times i was lucky and got a bargain bitch for £3000
She went on to win
2x arcs
1x derby
1x sussex derby
1x all england cup

Then i bred from her and have real good dogs by her and another one i bought from auction for

£17000 ish
He was brilliant and a group dog also not very often the dogs breeding distance is their best racing distance.
Try shorter trips i find
525m dogs are better over 450
But thats just my preference
hope this helps

Lee

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:07 am
Selling plater

Post Making Money
One of the drawbacks of the game is the money problem in the beginning. here's what most of us do:

Go to the first race day and record the winners of the races. Use your control-alt + delete keys to end the program without saving. repeat this a few times and you will see that some races have repeat winners each time. Once you have a list of some repeat winners, go back one more time and do a multiple wager on say 5 or 6 races. This can get you cvose to a million dollars all at once. it can be a pian in the ass since you may have to do this several times, but you will then have money forever and can enjoy the game. Once you get started, the secret to success is breeding and winning the stakes races. The game really does work well oncve you get past the initial money issue. Have fun!

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:37 pm
Selling plater

Hazy, hope you're still playing. For what its worth, my advice is buy at auction any animal that is lightly raced, is A10, costs less than £600 but is only 1 or 2 years old. Theres almost always scope for them to win at a different distance/going and you can make good money from gambling.
You'll find out their optimum trip and its then possible to get them into handicaps with big starts.

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:13 pm

THANKS

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:15 am
Handicapper

Hazy, hope you're still playing. For what its worth, my advice is buy at auction any animal that is lightly raced, is A10, costs less than £600 but is only 1 or 2 years old. Theres almost always scope for them to win at a different distance/going and you can make good money from gambling.
You'll find out their optimum trip and its then possible to get them into handicaps with big starts.

This would also be my choice of way to make money and generally isnt part of greyhound racing getting your dogs well handicapped and landing a gamble and add to making the game more exciting.

Although i think ill be waiting untill next year untill the update/new game id released.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:41 pm
Selling plater

i brought starterts orders 4 for my bf but he want greyhound manager anyone willing to swap serials much apprciated wendy xx

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:39 pm
Site Admin

i brought starterts orders 4 for my bf but he want greyhound manager anyone willing to swap serials much apprciated wendy xx

Swapping keys is not allowed.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]