View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How is everyone doing in their games? 
Handicapper

Post How is everyone doing in their games?
I am surprised as to how much I have taken to this game. I play a little every night which is something that I have not been able to with other games for quite some time now. I have several pups maturing to their first year and several pregnant bitches.

My kennels have been very successful for 3 seasons now and routinely win the big races. My greatest accomplishment was to see 5 of my hounds win their first heat in the Derby. They all made it through the two simi-final races as well. It was quite thrilling to see 5 out of the 6 hounds in the final were from my kennel. They also finished in the top 4 spots. In a few more seasons with my kennels filled with homebreds, I will be itching to start some Trial Races and try out the Contruction Kit with some of you.

How are your kennels coming along?
JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I'm trying to figure out why I'm liking this game so much ... at least on day 1 and 2.

Its funny, because at least now, I'm enjoying this more than Starter's Orders 2. That's odd, because while I've been to horse races, and think I know a tiny amount about the sport, I've never been to a greyhound race and don't know squat about it.

I think one reason is the interaction between the dogs in the races. Having them able to get checked, bumped, blocked etc during a race seems to add a lot of excitement. One thing that always seemed just a little odd in SO2 was the way the horses just slide out of the way of a horse coming through. (I don't do the ride your own horse thing. :)

I think the other was that the setup of the game seems to make it easier to start breeding. I never got that $500k together in the horse game.

Wed May 09, 2007 12:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]