View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Auto vs. Manually Training your hounds + Competitions 
Handicapper

Post Auto vs. Manually Training your hounds + Competitions
I have both Auto and Manual training games going. I find that I enjoy the Auto training game more. My hounds get to compete in more races which I always enjoy watching. Now that I have actually read Mark's manual on how to do the manual training properly, I should start getting better results in that game as well. I am looking forward to seeing the Hurdlers' abilities improve with training.

I am fascinated by all the things that actually can go wrong in a race so consequently am both thrilled and relieved when my hounds win races they were favored to win.

I finally have my first batch of homebreds on the track and majority of them are quite impressive. One who is a Stayer is not doing to well which will probably be remedied in her second year. I think she is just maturing slower. Two of my hounds in the 450m range are winning by astounding lengths. One won last night by 9 1/2 lengths which is a record for my kennels. Knowing the dramatic difference of single game competition as opposed to multi-player competititon that has taken place for six seasons in the Starters Orders Pro League for the Starters Orders players, I am not so convinced of my hounds greatnesss at this point. I would definately like to see how they fair against some of your hounds in some multi-player Exhitibion races.

I have been Exporting my hounds every season so that I can try them out in the Construction Kit soon. If any of you would like to email me some of yours to jimcougar@aol.com I can put together a few races for us. I'll post the screen shot results along with the actual races here, so that you could download and view all yourselves.

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Last edited by JimCougar on Tue May 08, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 06, 2007 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Post Re: Auto vs. Manually Training your hounds + Competitions
JimCougar wrote:
I have both Auto and Manual training games going. I find that I enjoy the Auto training game more. My hounds get to compete in more races which I always enjoy watching. Now that I have actually read Marc's manual on how to do the manual training properly, I should start getting better results in that game as well. I am looking forward to seeing the Hurdlers' abilities improve with training.

I am fascinated by all the things that actually can go wrong in a race so consequently am both thrilled and relieved when my hounds win races they were favored to win.

I finally have my first batch of homebreds on the track and majority of them are quite impressive. One who is a Stayer is not doing to well which will probably be remedied in her second year. I think she is just maturing slower. Two of my hounds in the 450m range are winning by astounding lengths. One won last night by 9 1/2 lengths which is a record for my kennels. Knowing the dramatic difference of single game competition as opposed to multi-player competititon that has taken place for six seasons in the Starters Orders Pro League for the Starters Orders players, I am not so convinced of my hounds greatnesss at this point. I would definately like to see how they fair against some of your hounds in some multi-player Exhitibion races.

I have been Exporting my hounds every season so that I can try them out in the Construction Kit soon. If any of you would like to email me some of yours to jimcougar@aol.com I can put together a few races for us. I'll post the screen shot results along with the actual races here, so that you could download and view all yourselves.

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

please explain how we send you our saved dogs files to you and what the construction kit does as all new to this..... :wink:

Mon May 07, 2007 8:24 pm
Handicapper

what I get home today, i will do a hat writeup on exporting and emailing dog files. I will also do one on how to use the Construction Kit if it is not already in Mark's manual.

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Tue May 08, 2007 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]