View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Mark, ques. about Hurdling traits transferring to offspring. 
Handicapper

Post Mark, ques. about Hurdling traits transferring to offspring.
Hi Mark,

I just got my first batch of homebreds and noticed that none of them received any hurdling rating abilities from their parents. I am speaking about my Auto Training game. Does this feature work in that mode or only in the Manual Training games?

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Last edited by JimCougar on Tue May 08, 2007 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 06, 2007 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Dogs should inherit jumping ability but don't forget that dogs jumping can improve with training and/or racing so your new dogs will probably begin with a lower jumping ability. Dogs also have a jumping potential (which is a hidden parameter). This means that some dogs will just never become good at jumping.

Mon May 07, 2007 8:45 am
Handicapper

Hi Jim

Dogs should inherit jumping ability but don't forget that dogs jumping can improve with training and/or racing so your new dogs will probably begin with a lower jumping ability. Dogs also have a jumping potential (which is a hidden parameter). This means that some dogs will just never become good at jumping.

Are you saying that even in Auto Training Mode dog's jumping ability can improve simply by racing? That would be excellent. I will have to start entering dogs without a rating and hopefully get them to start improving on it.

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Tue May 08, 2007 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Under auto training jumping may improve with racing a little but the specific jumping emphesis training will not be used so to train a dog to it's peak potential for jumping you should use manual training.

Tue May 08, 2007 9:42 am
Handicapper

Under auto training jumping may improve with racing a little but the specific jumping emphesis training will not be used so to train a dog to it's peak potential for jumping you should use manual training.

I want to make sure that I fully undestand this Mark. If I continue running the Auto Training game I could eventually breed out all of the attributes of the original parents of my breeding lines simply because their generations of offspring could not reach their potententials? If that is true, then I could be breeding my kennels into a disasterous corner. My breeding lines could actually deteriorate with each new generation. That would be disasterous for multiplayer competitions!

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I want to make sure that I fully undestand this Mark. If I continue running the Auto Training game I could eventually breed out all of the attributes of the original parents of my breeding lines simply because their generations of offspring could not reach their potententials?

No Jim, potential is passed on even if a parent does not realise that potential during it's career. So no need to worry.

Thu May 10, 2007 8:41 pm
Handicapper

Quote:
I want to make sure that I fully undestand this Mark. If I continue running the Auto Training game I could eventually breed out all of the attributes of the original parents of my breeding lines simply because their generations of offspring could not reach their potententials?

No Jim, potential is passed on even if a parent does not realise that potential during it's career. So no need to worry.

Unbelievable Mark! Up until this message I had never entered one of my hounds in a hurdle race that did not have at least some sort of rating for jumping. What an idiot! Now I see that once your hounds compete in a hurdle race ALL of them get some sort of rating! I have hounds that have gone from no rating to a 100% rating in just one race!

So now I try to get every hound in my kennels into some hurdle races before I Export them for that year.

Thanks for the info Mark!

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Mon May 21, 2007 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The percentage figure is not really a rating. It is the dogs record of clean jumps. I should probably have made this more clear :) So 80% means the dog has jumped 80% of hurdles correctly. A dog with a 50% record is clearly a poor jumper and liable to make mistakes. That is why the figure appears after the first hurdle race.

The actual 'rating' (or estimate of the dogs jumping ability) is on the stats bar.

Tue May 22, 2007 7:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]