View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 more races 
Selling plater

Post more races
will there be more races added to greyhound manager as the derby is the only one of any value worth winning. :cry:
p.s the game is still v.good

Mon May 07, 2007 3:59 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: more races
hacklers pride wrote:
will there be more races added to greyhound manager as the derby is the only one of any value worth winning. :cry:
p.s the game is still v.good

might be not the races but the prize money structure ? as all of the races are there!
enough to keep your kennel a float without success...?keep going broke after afew months :cry:
my funds go quick and graded race wins dont seam to cover weekly costs.
(£450 minimum a wk roughly )need to win 3races aweek to cover week ?
or hope you win a big feature race.

i dont think players want to have it to easy but to win 3 races a week just to break even ? maybe just me as i like a good moan...... :wink:

once this is sorted (hopefully) :wink:

Mon May 07, 2007 4:04 pm
Selling plater

Post Mark - What about a Champion of Champions race ?
Hi Guys, I think that Mark has virtually reflected in the game the actual prize money conditions that exist in real greyhound racing ! Yes, the Derby is the biggest, with the others ranging from a few quid for a graded race to between £2.5k to £20k or so for the other competition races.

As an ex real-life owner, I certainly couldn't make it pay on graded prize money alone but there is no need to go bust here though. Just pop your cup winning dog into a trial with low grade runners. You might get 6/4 and one max bet will probably take it to 1/2 but it's (almost) certain to be a few easy grand !

I don't know if it would be technically possible but maybe Mark could incorporate a patch with a fictitious prestige race worth, say, £200k to the winner? Perhaps only open to dogs that have won 3 or more comps. if the game parameters permit? That should set your kennel up for you !

Mon May 07, 2007 11:49 pm
Handicapper

Once you get some dogs that you feel pretty confident will win on a regular basis, I would recommend that you wager on them. I have wagered several thousand of pounds on races with a dominate dog of mine in them and have won over and over again. I always teeter just under a million pounds which is more than enough for this game.

The costs being what they are for even the best hounds in GHM as compared to the same calibre of thoroughbreds in Starters Orders 2, who needs more than a few hundred thousand pounds to have a successful kennels for many seasons to come?

Also you will come across some 1 year olds that will simply dominate their races throughout their racing careers. When you luck upon them, you are set for probably at least 3 years to come.

If you look for dogs in the auctions I find that most dogs with a starting price of 9.5 thousand pounds or more are pretty successful. If they are over 12k pounds, I buy them just to keep them out of the competition's hands! Rarely has one turned out to be mediocre.

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Last edited by JimCougar on Tue May 08, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 08, 2007 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

If you are having cash problems wagering initially does the trick. A thousand on an all up win with about 5 dogs will do the trick.

The way to do this is
1. Save your game
2. Open your game and go through a days racing noting the results
3. Check the results that have the best margins
4. Terminate the game (Ctrl+Alt+Del then close GM from here does this)
5. Open your saved game
6. Do an All Up on the five races

Doesn’t work every time but has a very high success rate nonetheless. This is a trick to cashing up quickly from SO2 where you can boost your account by $100 million in one hit. Wont be as extreme in GM due to the much smaller fields but a $1000 all up on 5 dogs averaging 3/1 odds will net you $1 million.

Tue May 08, 2007 3:23 am
Selling plater

I've found it very easy to wager in this game, and don't have to teleport into the future to do it. Read the daily raceforms for the races, and you can pretty much figure out who's decent. There's a lot of horses out there are very badly misplaced. Maybe they are sand-bagging their handicaps for some reason. But you see 275m dogs running in 625s and stuff like that. I find it very easy to find bets that easily come home.

Right now, it feels like going to the track and betting is like going to a cash machine. When I need some $, I just press the Go Racing button.

One note, I did an autorun for six months, so the dogs have some history. And don't feel like you have to bet every race. You aren't trying to pick which of two or three even dogs are going to win. You are looking for the races where there's only one dog that should win and betting heavily on what (hopefully) is a sure thing.

I do like the dogs getting blocked and stumbling on the course. Of course, this means some times your 'sure thing' gets knocked around and finished 6th. The good news is that there are other sure things coming along soon, so you'll get your money back.

Wed May 09, 2007 1:11 am
Selling plater

Wed May 09, 2007 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]