View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 BREEDING QUESTION? 
Handicapper

Post BREEDING QUESTION?
WHICH IS THE BEST METHORD BREEDING 2 1YRS STRAIGHT AWAY (RETIRE TO STUD STRAIGHT AWAY ) OR 2 OLDER DOGS SAY 5YRS ?
PS.BREED 2 475M DOGS GOT PUP 525M ?

ANY ANSWER WHAT BE APPRETICED? 8)

Tue May 08, 2007 6:46 pm
Selling plater

Don't know if its the best way, but here's what I'm doing in my first game.

When I got enough cash to get the breeding kennels, I went out and started watching the auctions for older dogs. I got two four year olds. Neither is worth anything in the racing. I autorun the first six months and now its Nov. I think both ran one trial. But each has at least something decent in their blood lines (open winner and a Grade 1 winner). And both were very cheap. :) So that's the start of my breeding program while my 1 and 2 yr olds run.

I'll have to see where that goes. If the dogs these two old fogies produce are any good or just worthless? Meanwhile, I'm watching the auctions for more breeders, and trying to get my young dogs to win a feature. :)

Since winning a feature is the only thing that counts for both money and trainer of the year, I figure I'll try that until I become convinced these dogs won't hunt. Then I'll retire them to breeding and look for some other dogs that might bring home a trophy.

Wed May 09, 2007 1:05 am
Handicapper

I have bought 3 older dogs and retired them immediately for breeding purposes. Their offspring have not matured enough to compete yet so I don't know the outcome of this venture yet. Their records were impressive so I do have high hopes for their offspring.

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Wed May 09, 2007 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The age of the dogs you breed should not matter. The quality of offspring should be the same.

Wed May 09, 2007 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]