View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 What Can We Do to Get Greyhound Manager More Widely Known? 
Handicapper

Post What Can We Do to Get Greyhound Manager More Widely Known?
This game is just too good to not be known about worldwide! I have been thinking about what I could do in order to giet it more widely disseminated.

The first thing I can do is to update the ORLWorld.com's homepage with an announcement about the game.

I can also create an animated banner that will link to the official website.

I can post the banner also on the ORLWorld community forum as well.

If someone who has Greyhound racing experience would post a list of greyhound racing websites, I would be happy to email them about the game as well.

Anyone have any more ideas as to what we can do to get this game more known worldwide?

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Tue May 22, 2007 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

just posted a article on greyhound database forums..... :wink:
its a start.... 8)

Wed May 23, 2007 1:31 am
Handicapper

just posted a article on greyhound database forums..... :wink:
its a start.... 8)

Excellent! What is the url?

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Wed May 23, 2007 3:48 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Post were to find site.
url?if you mean were it is found i type greyhound database on the google bar ..... :wink: ps.....as you gather not upto computer terms....lol.

Wed May 23, 2007 1:28 pm
Handicapper

http://www.greyhound-data.com/

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Thu May 24, 2007 1:48 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

wow i have never stumbled accross that site before

even had details of my old dog on it 8)

Thu May 24, 2007 8:50 pm
Handicapper

wow i have never stumbled accross that site before

even had details of my old dog on it 8)

You raced as well?

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Fri May 25, 2007 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

yes i had 2 dogs in total one was a grader won about 32 races in total if memory serves me right.
the other was a good grader and we nicked a open race with him before injury struck

Fri May 25, 2007 8:16 pm
Handicapper

Has anyone else done anything to bring Greyhound Manager to the attention of the greyhound racing public?

Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Heres the url for the greyhound racing forum I belong to....http://greyhoundsales.proboards41.com/index.cgi?
I posted a thread on there about this game a few months ago, had a few replys.

Heres a quick run down of my racing involvement
Ive been involved with greyhounds for about 4yrs now, owning to bitches and selling my only dog as a youngster as he wasnt cutting it.

My 1st bitch I owned who my brother and I bred is still racing but coming to the end of her career. So far having 59 starts for 14 wins 13 2nds and 11 3rds, with a total of about $41000 australian dollars. For her being my first greyhound I have been extremely lucky!!!
She has made numerous Group finals and semi-finals.
When she retires I hopefully will use a straw of the great Token Prince on her and get some champion pups.

I have another bitch here who is unraced (blind in 1 eye) but has breeding to die for who is in pup to champ Whisky Assassin, she has another 4-5weeks to go until she gives birth.

Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:33 am
Handicapper

Offers forums and organised leagues for horse racing games such Gallop Racer and Starters Orders Pro.

need to adertise here really....cheers.

Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:03 pm
Selling plater

Post game play
Jim, it is a good game and thank you for information that you gave me previously. I purchased Greyhound the next day. I like it for the most part but as others have suggested, there is a major flaw and that is the money angle. I realize that you are focused on the online racing part and I want to do that too, but in order to fully enjoy the game, I think some revisions have to be made. I read some solutions and they amount to cheats or gimmicks and that is not the mark of a well designed game.

I'm not sure who to write to about some suggestions, but they are straightforward. Deemphasize the gambling aspect by providing purses for the top2-3 finishers in every race and increase purses in others. I'm not asking for a free ride, just a way for an astute kennel owner to succeed without being forced to bet all the time, it just isn't realistic.

Those who prefer betting can play the punters game, right?

Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:03 pm
Handicapper

i agree bubba,......now the league is up and running the starting cash needs to be at least £50000 at begining of the 1st season, rather than £15000 this will establish a firm breeding kennel and playing the game without 1 eye on your funds....
like you said there is the punter option 1st to a million if you want to bet....
players might want to breed but funds wont allow it...if the online league is to go in the right direction then this is a must on the next patch,or a addon which gives you more £££££ for the serious player.....to breed.

i would gladlly pay for a addon for g/manager....to establish a good breeding kennel .....and extra features.....just an idea.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:40 pm
Selling plater

By all means, I think the greyhound racing public should be made aware of this game, but people who like greyhound racing are often not the types of people who like video games.

I think you'd probably do better pitching it to the types of people who play Championship Manager and Out of the Park Baseball.

I'm such a guy... I don't know anything about greyhound or horse racing. But I don't care what the sport is, I just like games where I manage stuff, and do a good job of letting me manage stuff. If there was a game called 'Who can drink the most beer' manager, I'd give it a shot.

To add comments on how the game can be improved, I would think adding more upgrades to the kennel would be nice, as well as hiring more specific kinds of staff that can provide advantages and advice. My kennel had every upgrade added within the first 2 hours of play, with everything set to high. It kind of limits what I have to look forward to, and the decisions I have to make, you know?

I do like breeding dogs and picking out races, but I want to make more in-depth decisions about my kennel structure and training, too.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]