View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dogs development question. 
Handicapper

Post Dogs development question.
OK, finally got my SO2 stable all locked up for season 6 so now its time to spend a little while at the dogs.

Just curious on a few things. With the dogs, do they reach their peak at one or two? In SO2 I know the 2yo’s still have a heap of developing to do between their 2yo and 3yo year in the case of times run and also speed, stamina and acceleration development. Is it the same in GM? Will a 1yo dog with say 80% spd, 70% acc develop into maybe a 100% spd, 70% acc dog at 2?

Wed May 23, 2007 3:42 am
Handicapper

Post Re: Dogs development question.
outbackstables wrote:
OK, finally got my SO2 stable all locked up for season 6 so now its time to spend a little while at the dogs.

Just curious on a few things. With the dogs, do they reach their peak at one or two? In SO2 I know the 2yo’s still have a heap of developing to do between their 2yo and 3yo year in the case of times run and also speed, stamina and acceleration development. Is it the same in GM? Will a 1yo dog with say 80% spd, 70% acc develop into maybe a 100% spd, 70% acc dog at 2?

Uh Dave, you are embarassing me because I have not followed those stats closely enough to be able to tell you yet. Even trying to go on performances per year has been hard to tell. I have had dogs who showed no spark as 1 yo's, but came to life as 2yo's. I have had dogs who who non-pups Open races as 1 yo's, beating out the older dogs. I have had some who did not shine untill they were 2yo's and went on to winning the big races even as 5yo's. I need to play more as well as take time to monitor their attributes alot closer.

One thing though. If a 2yo has not won a TR race by the middle of their 2nd year, I get rid of them.

JimCougar
ORLWorld.com

Sat May 26, 2007 11:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]