View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 A few questions regarding training. 
Site Admin

Post A few questions regarding training.
From an email. May be of help to others:

I've noticed a few differences between the manual and the game to do with training. Manual states blue = rest, and amber = light, but in game blue = light.and amber = medium. When doing special training eg trapping the manual says training turns amber but in game it changes to blue. Is this a bug with the game or is the manual wrong?

Special training must be conducted during rest periods (hence blue). You cannot mix medium (amber) or heavy (red) training with special training periods.

When the dog is fit even if I keep training at red it sometimes loses fitness when from the manual I would expect it to lose condition if anything.
Is this right?

Heavy training also causes the dog to get jaded (or lose condition) over an extended period of time (different dogs can take different duration’s of heavy training). You will notice this later in the season depending on how much training and racing a dog has had. This can cause the dog to lose fitness even under heavy training. You should occasionally rest the dogs for periods to help refresh them and avoid this.

Also I have tried a lot of different combinations to achieve full fitness if a dog reaches the final of a competition but have not managed it. The dog is either short of work or jaded. Am I doing something wrong or is it related to the above differences?

Both fitness and condition do not have to be maxed out but it should be possible to get close by resting your dog for a handful of days after a heat then training heavily again until the race.

One last qustion re special training. I know it says it takes a long time but I have not noticed any appreciable difference in any of the dogs I have used it on even after a couple of months of special training.

Special training improves areas that the dog may have limited potential in. For example, you may have a dog that will never jump very well how ever much jumping specific training you use. You are not given the dogs potential information as this area is intended to be trial and error. You may get an idea of dogs potential after you have bred a few generations.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:01 pm
Handicapper

Post stamina bar?
dont know if this been asked but why dont the stamina bar not rise? ive tried all sort but nowt seams to work ? :(

Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]