View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Starting the GPL Inaugural Season - What You Need To Know 
Handicapper

Post Starting the GPL Inaugural Season - What You Need To Know
1....Maximum number of dogs allowed in each kennels will be 45. That many dogs can be viewed on one page in the Race Builder. I need to screen capture those rosters and only want to capture one screen per kennels. I need to create every time saver possible for the duration of the inaugural season. When version 5.0 of the Trainers Office Manager http://www.sopl.info/tom/tom4/index2.php has been created (hopefully in time for season 2) we can move the GPL over there and your kennels could possibly be larger then. Please do not try to slip in an extra dog or two. If they are not on the first roster page, they will not be accepted in any of the races. You might inadvertently push out one or two of your most valued hounds.

2....Deadline for sending in your dog files to jimcougar2006@yahoo.com is TUESDAY OCT. 30TH NOON LOS ANGELES TIME, 8PM LONDON TIME and WEDNESDAY OCT. 31ST 4AM. MELBOURNE TIME. Obviously any trainers in the Melbourne time zone should send theirs in before they turn in for the night on the 30th. SO THAT MEANS TRAINERS, YOU HAVE JUST 8 DAYS TO WRAP UP YOUR KENNELS ROSTERS AND GET THOSE FILES EMAILED IN.

3....Please make sure that on every email you send to me, include your ORLWORLD SCREEN NAME, TRAINER'S NAME & KENNELS NAME. I will not always be able to associate your email address and your real names with your screen names, trainers names, etc.

4....Remember to Export your dogs at PEAK CONDITION and not after a race.

5....Remember to send only ONE FILE FOR ANY OF YOUR DOGS. In other words do not send in Blue Tiger 2yo & Blue Tiger 3yo dog files. It takes time to contact and ask you which one you want to go with. Decide which year of the dog's career you want to compete in the first season and then send in only that file.

Note: If you send in a 2yo dog file in the Inaugural season and you want that same dog to compete in the next season you can only send in its 3yo file in the following season.

6....Please email your dog files in ZIPPED format if at all possible. Please try to send them to me all at once and not several times during this week. It just creates that much more work for me when that is done.

7....Once the deadline on kennels submissions has passed, I will begin to screen capture the kennels rosters. They would be posted a few days after the deadline in a Trainers Kennels Roster forum for all to view.

8....In the next couple of days a season schedule will be posted. You will have time then to post your comments on it.

9....I am looking at a 12 week regular season schedule, plus 2 weeks for a championship competition. There will be no competition during the Christmas holidays.

10...Week 1's schedule along with an Entry Submission thread will then be officially posted MONDAY NOV. 5TH. If SHannaford plans on using his Excel submission form for everyone to use, I will inform you as soon as I find out.

11...Deadline for Week 1's Entry Submissions will be SAT. NOV. 10TH NOON LOS ANGELES TIME, 8PM LONDON TIME and SUN NOV. 11TH 4AM MELBOURNE TIME.

12...Make sure that you read the requirements for each race very carefully. Any submitted Entries that do not meet the requirements (i.e. Grade, Age, Sex, etc.) will be scratched.

13...I would like to limit the number of races each week to 10.

14...You will be allowed to submit 2 dogs to each of these races. If there are more than 6 dogs in a race HEATS will be created. Still, every dog might not get into the races that you submit them for because I want to limit the number of HEATS per race to just 2. The reason for this is because I as the RACE SECRETARY will be running possibly 20 HEATS, then 10 SEMI-FINALS and then 10 FINALS. That could total 40 races every week.

15...SHannaford our RACE GRADER, will use a special program he created, to sort the dogs into the various races. As I stated above, not all the dogs will be accepted into the races for various reasons. I will let Shayne post a more detailed announcement on how the race grading will work in the GPL each week.

16...There will be at least two major events each week. The HEATS and SEMI FINALS will be run one week and the FINALS on the next week. Those FINALS will be in addition to the 10 regular races for that following week.

17...Week 1's Racecard will be posted the following TUESDAY of every week. That is when you will know which of your dogs were accepted into the various races.

18...RACE DAY every week will be on FRIDAY 10 AM LOS ANGELES TIME, 6 PM LONDON TIME and SATURDAY 4 AM MELBOURNE TIME. At that time the form cards for each race will be added to the race cards in the Weekly Races forum. The race replays for download will be posted in the GPL Inaugural Season forum.

18a..WEEK 1's RACE DAY will be FRIDAY NOV. 16TH at 10 AM LOS ANGELES TIME, 6 PM LONDON TIME and SATURDAY NOV. 17TH at 4 AM MELBOURNE TIME.

19...WARNING: No one is to post any comments about the race results in the main area of the GPL Inauguration Season forum until 8 hours after the posting of the formcards. The reason for this is to not spoil the results for our Melbourne time zone Trainers who will still be asleep when they are posted. All Trainers CAN however, post anything they like in the BRAG N' RAG PUB thread posted at the top of the forum. Melbourne time zone Trainers will know to stay out of the Brag n' Rag Pub until they have viewed the formcards and the race replays for themselves

20...Denny Stables as a Tipster will run the Punters Hall forum until we can find a volunteer for that position. Once you see the race cards feel free to place your bets with him.

21...All Punters will start off with $50,000. Whoever has the most winnings at the end of the season will be the PUNTER OF THE YEAR.

22...All other contests in the Punters Hall will be created by Denny Stables and his successor.

23...ALL NEW TRAINERS are allowed to join the GPL anytime during the Inaugural Season.

24...There will be a MID-SEASON ROSTER CHANGE. Trainers will be able to swap out a maximum of 20 dogs during that time.

25...All dogs regardless if they competed in the TRIALS and/or the EXHIBITION are allowed to compete in the INAUGURAL SEASON.

26...All Trainers who competed in the EXHIBITION are allowed to keep 50% of their winnings. The Trainers Bank Account thread will be adjusted accordingly. That is the ORLWorld's way of saying thanks for helping us iron out all of the kinks for this new ORLWorld league and new league-only Race Builder.

27...For any Trainers who may be concerned about getting blown out of the water right from the beginning of the season. Don't be concerned about that. Many of you are new to this game and have very young kennels. Our Race Grader will sort the races so that regardless of the calibre of dogs in the Trainers' kennels, they will all have races that they will feel competitive in throughout the season. The idea is to give all Trainers a taste for the competition so that they are encouraged to continue building up their bloodlines for many seasons to come.

I may have missed some things so please feel free to post any questions that you still may have after reading this announcement.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]