View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Removing heats from races 
Handicapper

Hows the new schedule coming along matey.
Need anymore help.
thought of the henlow derby could be added.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:42 pm
Group 1 winner

I was waiting on feedback from Mark regarding a couple of points relating to schedules - firstly, to ask if a patch was possible to allow feature races at two separate tracks on the same day (as we can now do with SO4 - however, Mark said this won't be possible with GM2), and secondly to find out if we could reduce the number of days required between races in feature events (at present you need to allow at least 8 days between races or they won't work properly, but Mark has sent me a trial patch to reduce these gaps, which I'm trying out tonight).

So, all being well with the new patch, I have pretty much a free weekend this weekend to work on it, and would hope to have it available tomorrow at some point, or Sunday morning at the latest, I'd say.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:50 pm
Handicapper

Panther, if possible when it is done and dusted mate could i try a copy of it out please?

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah, I'll make it available for anyone that wants it.

I forgot to say also though, I should have it ready by tomorrow at some point, but it won't work in people's games until Mark has officially released the next patch.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:14 pm
Group 1 winner

There might now be a delay with the schedule, as there seems to be some further issues with the patch.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:04 pm
Handicapper

thats fine buddy time is quality and id be happy enough to wait for the extrea quality between u and mark you both are doing a quality job to make this game better for all players, and if i can help in anyway id be more then happy to oblige :)

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Well, it's Mark that's doing all the hard work, really - I'm just updating the schedule!

Just a couple of things though, Mikey - do you know what the latest with the Scurry Gold Cup this year is? I'd heard that it was maybe moving to Oxford, then that it was being kept by Belle Vue, but I can't find any dates or information about it being run this year. I know that the Gold Collar has been scrapped for this year, but thought the Scurry Cup had been saved?

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:08 am
Handicapper

Are you sure the gold cup at oxford as been cancelled heats are run tonight. Under the name the Blanchford Gold Cup (See http://www.racingpost.com/greyhounds/ca ... Id=1055678 ) takes you to one of the heats.

As for the scurry cup i cant see anywhere that it is advertised. But my brother informs me it will be run at oxford for £1,000 prize money unless a sponsor can be found.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:16 am
Group 1 winner

Sorry, it was the Gold Collar at Belle Vue that's been scrapped.

I had heard that the Scurry Gold Cup was still going ahead, but can't find any details of dates etc.

I'm basically trying to make the schedule as thorough as possible. I've tried to include all Category 1 & 2 races, as well as a handful of important/historic Category 3 races.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:36 am
Handicapper

Yeah, Maybe include it with a different name, easily changed back later?

Also i dont think the Gymcrack(puppy comp at hall green is in the game) in june time.

Also would you be able to include the monmore festivals, although maybe not the 4 as it may cause complications with other competitions.

If your leaving Walthamstow in are you leaving the Arc there or moving it swindon? Also swindon have a produce stakes competition that usually attracts top dogs think its 2 yr old only not sure if this could be coded to allow only 2yr old dogs only, and a veterans derby same again may need a code to allow dogs over 4 yrs only. May need Mark to have a look into that.
Another thing the sunderland festival of racing but i think mark is already having a look at making more than 1 feature race possible on the same day?

what websites do you use to find out the schedules? and race info?

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:12 am
Group 1 winner

Also i dont think the Gymcrack(puppy comp at hall green is in the game) in june time.

Also would you be able to include the monmore festivals, although maybe not the 4 as it may cause complications with other competitions.

Yeah, I've got the Gymcrack in there. I've completely rewritten the file, so it's not based on the original file at all. As for the Monmore festivals, I've got all the valuable races in there.

Mikey1892 wrote:
If your leaving Walthamstow in are you leaving the Arc there or moving it swindon? Also swindon have a produce stakes competition that usually attracts top dogs think its 2 yr old only not sure if this could be coded to allow only 2yr old dogs only, and a veterans derby same again may need a code to allow dogs over 4 yrs only. May need Mark to have a look into that.

I've got the Arc at Swindon, as I want to keep it accurate for this year. As for the Produce Stakes, there isn't a 2yo-only category available, so I will just make it a puppy race for the time being, but can always change it at a later date if Mark makes a 2yo-only age restriction available. Also, there isn't a veterans' category available.

Mikey1892 wrote:
Another thing the sunderland festival of racing but i think mark is already having a look at making more than 1 feature race possible on the same day?

It's possible to have more than one race at the same track on the same day - it's only when you have races at different tracks on the same day that it won't work (I had hoped we would be able to, as we can do this in SO4). The Sunderland festival is in there.

Mikey1892 wrote:
what websites do you use to find out the schedules? and race info?

I use:

www.greyhound-data.com
www.gbgb.org.uk
www.racingpost.com/greyhounds

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 pm
Handicapper

Sounds great and i cant wait for the release. would it be possible for you to email me a copy to try out?

Think everything as now been covered just about.

Would be nice if mark could create or add a restriction for 2 yr olds and for veterans.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:19 pm
Group 1 winner

I still haven't finished work on it, but it will definitely be ready at some point tomorrow. It will only work with a new patch, which I assume Mark will also be releasing very soon, as it now seems to work fine.

Regarding age restrictions, I've obviously made all the puppy races for 1yo-only, but do you know anything about which of the other races are open to puppies and which are not? So, in other words, do you think I should make all the other races for 1yo+, or do you know which ones should really only be 2yo+?

Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Handicapper

Alright mate as far as i know, there isnt any restriction against puppys running in competions unless there veteran races. So im not entirely sure if there is any that pups cant run in so id make them 1+.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I'll make all the non-puppy races for 1yo+ then, so that puppies can enter.

Wasn't sure if it would work, but have just tried adding the £5k "3 Steps To Victory Trophy" event recently held at Sheffield, with heats over 475m, semis over 525m and a final over 650m... and it works! Didn't know if it would allow three different distances in one event, but it seems to work fine.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next