View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Removing heats from races 
Handicapper

strangely enough i was thinking the same because i know of other competitions normally 2 round over sprint and longer, but presumed it wouldnt work so didnt mention it, thats a nice little addition.

Only thing with it might be if there is only 4 bend dogs entered, which would be a problem if user player enters a 4 bend dog in a 4 bend open usually they finish tailed off so would leave not much chance of getting through.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah, there are also some dual distance events, but I don't think any of them are valuable enough to be included. I'll probably just have the 3 Steps race.

I'd also quite like to add one of the Guys & Dolls events, but there doesn't seem to be any this year! Also, it seems to be possible to create bitches-only races in the game, but not dogs-only races, so I've asked Mark about this. It would really only work though if it was just semis and a final, as there would be one dogs semi and one bitches semi. If there were heats too, you could split them in the heats, but they'd be mixed in the semis.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:15 pm
Handicapper

Im sure theres dogs only races in the game but yes they be a great addition, i dont think there classed as competitions so dont fall in the GBGB classification of Cat 1,2,3 races. and i cant think for the life of me when they are usually have one around easter time and i think they do one at sprint trophy meeting but cant be totally sure.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah, there are dogs-only races in the game, but I don't think there's a code to add them as feature races. I've asked Mark to let me know if there is one.

The Guys & Dolls at Crayford a couple of years ago was an £8k Category 1 event, but there only seemed to be a couple of low-key ones at Nottingham and Yarmouth last year, and I can't find results for any at all this year, so will probably just leave it.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:02 pm
Handicapper

yeah there a nice idea but im sure we'd survive without them. And i never new crayford did it as a cat 1.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:20 pm
Group 1 winner

On the subject of the new track have you thought about adding a new track like Wentworth Park(AUS).

They Have a number of big races at this track as well as a few top line staying events it would keep the reality of a real schedule at least,
Im a huge fan of greyhound racing and would love to see an updated realistic schedule,So thank you so much for making this happen.

Sorry, was just looking through the thread again and realised I hadn't responded to this. Probably won't go with any Australian tracks in the UK schedule, as I'm not really familiar with Australian greyhound racing, and I don't think UK dogs would be sent there very often.

However, with it being easy to change the tracks' names and amend schedules (they're not encrypted in GM2), there is the possibility that someone could create a full Australian schedule for the game and make it available on here for download.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:10 am
Handicapper

Only just opened the showcase file and realised it would be reasonably easy to adjust the showcase. if id of realised i would of had a go at doing so myself. Im going to go through the trainers list and add real trainers for anyone who wants the file when complete.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:09 am
Handicapper

is it possible to remove all but the irish greyhound trainers and would this mean trainers had a stronger kennel strength?

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:10 am
Group 1 winner

I've put details in the Technical Support forum in the "37th Feature Race" thread about amending the showcases file.

As for the trainers list, I haven't really looked into that yet.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:38 am
Handicapper

Well im currently adjusting it adding the main trainers from a selection of tracks, but people i presume can edit to suit. It will consist of most open race trainers plus a selection of graded trainers due to there being a lot more in real life then in the game. then ill attemp to remove the nationaltiies and replace them with british trainers as apart from once trainers dont come across for dog racing except for from ireland. ill edit and try it and let you know the results. will hopefully be done in an hour or so.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:41 am
Handicapper

Also going to adjust the stables folder although kennels and trainers may not match yup not sure how easy or hard it could be to match them up. But ill give it a go.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:45 am
Group 1 winner

Also going to adjust the stables folder although kennels and trainers may not match yup not sure how easy or hard it could be to match them up. But ill give it a go.

They should be in the same order in each file, so the first trainer you enter will correspond to the first kennel etc. That's how it works for trainers and stables in SO4, anyway.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:50 am
Handicapper

Right then ill try that, hopefully they will work may take some finding. may just add the kennels as im not sure anyone would be 2 bothered about them not match although if people want to match them then files will be available to edit.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:58 am
Handicapper

When you edited a file how do save it as DAT file?

EDIT Done it the names file seems to work fine with out france, usa, etc

Stables finally match some are correct but others arent they are all correct kennel names but finding where some trainers train is a never ending task lol.
Leave your email address if you would like a copy.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:06 am
Group 1 winner

Also swindon have a produce stakes competition that usually attracts top dogs think its 2 yr old only not sure if this could be coded to allow only 2yr old dogs only, and a veterans derby same again may need a code to allow dogs over 4 yrs only. May need Mark to have a look into that.

Mark has got back to me to confirm that it would take too much work to add extra age categories at this stage, which is fair enough. So, I will just leave the Produce Stakes as a puppy race, and not include any veterans' events.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next