View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Removing heats from races 
Group 1 winner

Post Removing heats from races
Hi Mark,

You said in an earlier post that it would be possible to shorten certain feature events in GM2 by removing the first round and just having semis and finals. I've tried doing this, but it doesn't seem to work...?

Say it's race 37, so I give the first semi-final code 3710 and the second one 3711, then the final is 3720. But when you try it in the game, it just seems to be random dogs that are in the final, not qualifiers from the two semis?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Also, just to ask, if the above can be fixed, is there any way that we can also create one-off feature races by also removing the semi-finals and just having a straight final? This way we can create one-off invitational races like the Select Stakes.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Handicapper

the marathon would be better in june time and renamed tv trophy if possible and select stakes would also need to be over 500 (525) closest probably.

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Yeah, the TV Trophy will have its final on 15th June at Kinsley, with £6k to the winner, with its semis on 8th June worth £400 each. I'm aiming for as close to real-life as possible. However, as there's such a shortage of marathon races, I'm tempted to give the TV Trophy heats as well as semis.

The Select Stakes (£7.5k to winner) will be on 26th August at Nottingham, along with the Select Stayers' Stakes (£2.5k to winner). Assuming it's possible to have one-off events, of course!

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:59 pm
Site Admin

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:25 am
Site Admin

You said in an earlier post that it would be possible to shorten certain feature events in GM2 by removing the first round and just having semis and finals. I've tried doing this, but it doesn't seem to work...?

Say it's race 37, so I give the first semi-final code 3710 and the second one 3711, then the final is 3720. But when you try it in the game, it just seems to be random dogs that are in the final, not qualifiers from the two semis?

Mike - You are right with the ref's. That is how it should work. I am adding the fix right now but if you wan't to help testing please email in and I'll send you a beta patch so hopefully any further problems with this can be avoided.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:12 pm
Handicapper

alright panther sounds good if you want any help with thing else let me know mate ill help u.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Mike - You are right with the ref's. That is how it should work. I am adding the fix right now but if you wan't to help testing please email in and I'll send you a beta patch so hopefully any further problems with this can be avoided.

Yeah, I'd be happy to try out the new beta patch. Have sent you an e-mail, so if you can send the file to me when you get a minute that would be great.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:56 pm
Handicapper

panther would you be able to create the yorkshire st leger from doncaster ( stainforth ).

Also mark would it be possible for you to rename brough park newcaste and stainforth as doncaster??

Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:49 pm
Group 1 winner

panther would you be able to create the yorkshire st leger from doncaster ( stainforth ).

Also mark would it be possible for you to rename brough park newcaste and stainforth as doncaster??

Yep, the Yorkshire St Leger will be in there, with the final at Doncaster on 16th November, and £8k to the winner.

As for those name changes, yep I've already done that. I've also removed Milton Keynes, Portsmouth, Reading and Walthamstow, and added Pelaw Grange, Shelbourne Park and Harold's Cross. That leaves me with one empty space though. I could add another Irish track, but I don't really want to flood the schedule with Irish races, as I want to keep it mainly a UK schedule with a handful of valuable Irish races. What do you reckon about the one extra space? Leave Reading in, as there are solid plans for racing to return there? Leave Walthamstow, as there have been new plans revealed lately to bring racing back there? Any other suggestions?

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:17 pm
Handicapper

ive not heard of the plans to re open reading so thats new to me but iss good news all the more. the walthamstow situation seems pretty good all being well so id leave walthemstow but upto u that one matey.

also thought of a couple of other things but can i hell remember them lol

Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:55 pm
Group 1 winner

I think they were planning to build a new venue in Reading, but I don't think work has started on it yet. The plan was to have speedway and greyhound racing back again for 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-10658210

I'm happy to just leave Walthamstow in there for the time being though.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:05 pm
Handicapper

Well when the time comes you could change walthamstow to reading and put the reading comps back in as they appear. Hope it all comes off will be great news for racing.

Not totally Real but mayabe you could make up another marathon competion at wimbledon towards the end of the season (currently jumps) call it something like starters orders Marathon, just so theres an extra marathon for the out and out stayers......just an idea what you think. obviously other names could be use 2 lol

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Not totally Real but mayabe you could make up another marathon competion at wimbledon towards the end of the season (currently jumps) call it something like starters orders Marathon, just so theres an extra marathon for the out and out stayers......just an idea what you think. obviously other names could be use 2 lol

Yeah, I had thought about doing this, as although it's not very realistic it is quite good having an 875m hurdle race in the game! I will add one in.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:50 pm
Selling plater

On the subject of the new track have you thought about adding a new track like Wentworth Park(AUS).

They Have a number of big races at this track as well as a few top line staying events it would keep the reality of a real schedule at least,
Im a huge fan of greyhound racing and would love to see an updated realistic schedule,So thank you so much for making this happen.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next