View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Removing heats from races 
Handicapper

ok mate is your schedule included in the latest patch? or still not ready no rush just wondered.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:09 pm
Group 1 winner

ok mate is your schedule included in the latest patch? or still not ready no rush just wondered.

It's pretty much ready, but it was created using a temporary patch which Mark had e-mailed to me, so I now need to put some finishing touches to it and test it through a few seasons to make sure it works properly with the new patch that was made available today. Mark has suggested to thoroughly test all new schedules before making them available to download.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:41 pm
Handicapper

ok mate well id be happy to pretest it for you, but upto you mate.
mikey-1892@hotmail.co.uk
thats my email if you want me to try it out.

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:09 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm still tweaking the schedule at the moment, but I don't have as much free time during the week as I'd like. I was only able to spend an hour or so on it last night. The main problem is the lack of sprint and marathon events in the real-life calendar, as I'm trying to make the game schedule as close to real life as possible. It may be that I need to add some 'lesser' events over those distances to give sprint and marathon dogs more events to enter. I will look into this more again tonight. It may be that the schedule is still available in the next day or two, but Saturday might be more realistic. These things always take longer than you expect, especially as I'm a bit of a perfectionist at times. The basics of it are all there though, and it's a very realistic schedule, with correct dates, prize money, tracks for 2010 etc - it just needs tweaking, and all my spare time will be spent on it until it's finished!

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:54 am
Handicapper

this is defo much appreciated panther. look forward to trying it out when you finish it.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:51 am
Handicapper

same here much appreciated mate, maybe worth entering a few a competitions at romford they have a few minor competitions throughout the year cant really think of anywhere else that has them. as for sprints nottingham have regular minor competitions aswell sheffield have a few 2. Low prize money and semis and final might be the way forward.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:52 am
Group 1 winner

At the moment, for sprint and marathon events, I have the following (date of final included):

Sprint
17/04, Sprint Trophy, Shawfield, 275m, £1,500 (semis + final)
23/04, Golden Sprint, Romford, 375m, £8,000 (heats, semis + final)
27/04, Northern Sprint, Sheffield, 275m, £1,500 (semis + final)
15/07, Festival Flyer, Sunderland, 275m, £3,000 (semis + final)
27/07, Coral Sprint, Brighton&Hove, 275m, £2,500 (semis + final)
15/09, Magners Sprint, Yarmouth, 275m, £1,000 (semis + final)
24/09, Romford Puppy Cup, Romford, 375m, £8,000 (heats, semis + final)
09/10, Sprint Trophy, Peterborough, 275m, £1,000 (semis + final)
15/10, Rose Bowl, Crayford, 375m, £2,000 (heats, semis + final)
20/12, National Sprint, Nottingham, 275m, £2,000 (heats, semis + final)

Obviously, the National Sprint will have to be brought forward a bit to fit into the schedule. Also, the Scurry Cup is apparently still going ahead this year, but details are yet to be released, so I haven't included it yet.

Marathon
27/02, Golden Jacket, Crayford, 750m, £15,000 (heats, semis + final)
29/05, Dorando Marathon, Wimbledon, 875m, £1,000 (final only)
15/06, TV Trophy, Kinsley, 875m, £6,000 (semis + final)
29/06, Ebor, Sheffield, 750m, £1,500 (semis + final)
27/07, Coral Trophy, Brighton&Hove, 875m, £1,000 (final only)
26/08, Select Stayers' Stakes, Nottingham, 750, £2,500 (final only)
08/09, Champ. Night Marathon, Romford, 750m, £1,000 (semis + final)
21/10, Marathon Trophy, Henlow, 875m, £1,000 (final only)
26/11, Kent St. Leger, Crayford, 750m, £2,500 (heats, semis + final)
10/12, Strategic Designs Cup, Wimbledon, 875m Hurdle, £10,000 (heats, semis + final)

The Strategic Designs Cup is obviously a made-up race, as I wanted to keep an 875m hurdle race in the schedule. I know it's not realistic, but I rather like having it there, and it's right at the end of the schedule (the final will be on the same card as the Oaks final) to make it easy to be removed should anyone wish to do so. I'm also tempted to add heats to the TV Trophy, as it's the only Category 1 race in the schedule (aside from a couple of one-off events) that doesn't have heats.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Another quick question, Mikey - do you have any idea what happened to this year's Birmingham Cup at Perry Barr?

I've compared 2009's Category 1 events with this year's, and there are three missing this year - the Scurry Cup and Gold Collar at Belle Vue, and the Birmingham Cup at Perry Barr. The two events at Belle Vue couldn't get sponsors (although the Scurry Cup is apparently still going ahead later in the year for much-reduced prize money), but it is hoped both will return as big events next year (for this reason I might include them in the schedule as big events). However, despite numerous Google searches, I can't find ANY information on why this year's Birmingham Cup never went ahead, or if it is expected to return next year, which is quite strange considering the event's history.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:11 pm
Handicapper

i dont remember exatly but im sure i remember its intended for 2011. think for some reason it was abandoned but not totslly sure. as for the scurry and gold colar if they are all intended to return which i think they are from what ive heard include them and we can remove them at a later time if nessacary, on the othe hand the included competitions seem enough. if they get over cramped you may end up with lesser dogs winning top races if theres to many. unless with the main races at each distance u put the code thing for a higher quality.

Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:42 pm
Group 1 winner

Just a quick update, so that people don't think I've stopped working on this! It's pretty much finished now, and I'm just doing some testing on it, both to make sure it actually works through lots of seasons, and also to make sure the fields in each race are of a decent standard. After this has been done, I will make any slight adjustments that might need to be made (although hopefully there won't be any) and then e-mail it to Mark to make it available to download.

As for the content of the schedule, just another quick update:

The main cause of the most recent delay is the fact that I wanted to include the three Category 1 races that have been omitted in real life this year, but should be back next year - the Birmingham Cup, Scurry Cup and Gold Collar. I also wanted to look into changes to other major races this year that were as a result of lack of sponsorship or late changes to sponsorship - races like the Cesarewitch, C0ck O' The North and Northern Flat. So, what I decided to do was look at the 2009 schedule and compare it to the 2010 one to get an idea of what has changed this year, and the reasons for those changes. For the majority of the races, the dates etc are quite similar, so that's fine, but for the races affected by changes, I have made some compromises and moved things around a bit, so that the schedule is still very heavily based on the real 2010 schedule, but with some changes to take into account lack of sponsorship and related date/prize money changes this year.

The main changes are at:

Belle Vue: The Scurry Cup and Gold Collar are included with 2009 dates and prize money, despite not taking place in real life this year (they are due to return next year). I've also brought the C0ck O' The North forward to the same date as the Scurry Cup, which is when it was run last year and was due to be run this year - also, it has had its prize money increased to 2009's total again, as its lowly status this year was only due to lack of sponsorship.

Oxford: The Pall Mall (which was run in June this year) has been brought forward to its usual date of late March, as it was only delayed this year to replace the Cesarewitch in June which at one stage looked like it might be lost. And the Cesarewitch has been brought forward to its usual date in June, and restored to its 2009 value, as it was only delayed and reduced in prize money this year due to lack of sponsorship.

There are a handful of other slight changes too, which will be apparent when the schedule is available.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:28 am
Handicapper

Sounds great mate, cant wait now the only thing thats been annoying me lately with gm2 is the schedule. From what uve said about what youve done sounds amazing and 100% realistic. and glad u decided to keep the races that are returning next year. Anyway good luck with testing and hope to hear back from you soon as to how its gone.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:37 am
Selling plater

Sounds really, great, I love the idea of the longer distance races, has in GM1 i stopped buying 800 metre dogs has there seemed no point as they could get many runs in a season, Look forward to it !

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:37 am
Handicapper

brilliant stuff mate, cant wait till its available only really playerd my games for fun at moment, waiting for this schedule so i can really kick into gear with my breeding lines etc,
Do wish mark would make the GM games a bit more like SO as in the data in game, not able to change your kennel name sucks!, Also not being able to move your dogs to a pool to transfer to other games like you can on SO.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:46 pm
Handicapper

hope to hear things are going good mate although got a new love for now the SO4 league lol breeding some pigs haha.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:04 pm
Handicapper

You guys interested in the league? Just wondering how many people will be willing.

Main problem i really want a league to happen but i doubt ill have time to contribute much in running it. :(

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next