View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Breeding help and best times?? 
Selling plater

Post Breeding help and best times??
Hello.

Even though I am breeding Dog that has won Wimbledon Derby twice and 10 other competitions, with bitch that has similar record I dont seem to breed any pups that can get anywhere near the times recorded by some of the dogs on here??

I am breeding matched distances etc etc.

Any assistance that that I may have missed would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:04 pm
Handicapper

i had a similar problem sometimes great champions dont breed great champions ..what i find works for me is not nescasarily breeding matched distances i like to mix it up a little sometimes the outcome can suprise you ..i bread a nice 475 bitch with a champion stayer and produced a real star with a nice blend of speed and stamina he was electric from the traps and finished like a stayer. over a multitude of distances..trial and error ..dont give up.

Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:18 pm
Selling plater

i had a similar problem sometimes great champions dont breed great champions ..what i find works for me is not nescasarily breeding matched distances i like to mix it up a little sometimes the outcome can suprise you ..i bread a nice 475 bitch with a champion stayer and produced a real star with a nice blend of speed and stamina he was electric from the traps and finished like a stayer. over a multitude of distances..trial and error ..dont give up.

Hmmmm.

Nice idea.

May give it a go.

Thanks....

Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:01 pm
Handicapper

hotdogpat wrote:

Hmmmm.

Nice idea.

May give it a go.

Thanks....

I like to breed dogs between 375-525m. I am currently in my 7th season so have my 5th batch of home-breds. Currently have a dog (2year-old) doing 27.10, 28.70 & 31.80's.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:39 pm
Handicapper

hotdogpat wrote:

Hmmmm.

Nice idea.

May give it a go.

Thanks....

I like to breed dogs between 375-525m. I am currently in my 7th season so have my 5th batch of home-breds. Currently have a dog (2year-old) doing 27.10, 28.70 & 31.80's.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]