View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wait Between Races 
Selling plater

Post Wait Between Races
Hi all,
I am new to the game. Been playing for a couple of wees now and I have a couple of questions. How long do you guys normally wait between races? Sometimes I will wait about 30-40 days and with some hounds this doesn't seem to be long enough. They becom jaded. One became jaded, so I waited about 80 days and the same thing happened. Did one race and it was jaded again. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there anyway of knowing if your dog has reached a limited in it's training? It's very time consuming and a lot of the time I have been training a particular method for awhile with no result.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:40 am
Selling plater

When I started playing, I went by real life (at least in the States), which is 3-5 days between races. That seemed to work for most dogs, but they all seem to go off form at some point, so you have to give them a 1-2 month rest. (If they seem like they're taking longer, I tend to get rid of them.)

I think the "jaded" comments sometimes only mean the dog needs one or two days of additional rest. I go by the "Condition" bar. It it's near the top, then I just wait another day or two and then the comment will be "Raring to go!" or something similar. It's apparent to me that the jaded comments by themselves don't mean a prolonged rest is in order; only that the Condition bar isn't at the top yet. In fact, I think there's a jaded comment or two that specifically says that the dogs needs to be rested, and that's when I put the oval at blue and forget about the dog for awhile. Its condition will usually go down to 0, before it starts gradually building up again.

Regina

Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:25 am
Handicapper

I think the "jaded" comments sometimes only mean the dog needs one or two days of additional rest. I go by the "Condition" bar. It it's near the top, then I just wait another day or two and then the comment will be "Raring to go!" or something similar. It's apparent to me that the jaded comments by themselves don't mean a prolonged rest is in order; only that the Condition bar isn't at the top yet. In fact, I think there's a jaded comment or two that specifically says that the dogs needs to be rested, and that's when I put the oval at blue and forget about the dog for awhile. Its condition will usually go down to 0, before it starts gradually building up again.

Regina

I only go by the Condition bar. Once that is all the way to the top, I consider a dog is ready to go and so far after 20 something seasons, it has worked okay for me.

Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I have been waiting for both bars to be completely full them racing them. Normally it takes about 10-15 days to fill. Then I will race them. All is good until about May, then it all goes down hill from there. I have 15 dogs at the moment. Not one is on green. Not only that, but when I train them in areas such as jumps and traps it makes no difference. I really like the idea behind the game, but I'm not sure whether this is too realistic to be fun, or not realistic enough. My uncle trains and races greyhounds and he can race them normally every weekend for months on end.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]