View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Game Crash 
Group 1 winner

Post Game Crash
Hi Mark,
Was just starting my 13th season, and when going into the breeding barn (In March) the game went black and I got an error message pop-up.

Do you want a copy of the savegame file so you can investigate?

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

I suffer the same problem. It all seemed to be working fine until I recently downloaded the latest patch. These days crashing seems to be a matter of when not if - sometimes after half hours play, sometimes after a couple of hours.

Can you please help?

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:53 pm
Selling plater

Post Game Crash Season 13
I've had alot of problems woth the game crashing. 1st it was season 5, but since installing the patch, that has gone, but now the game is crashing at season 13. What can be done about this?

Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:42 pm
Selling plater

Ive never had any problems with the game....in season 15 and it has never crashed

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:27 am
Selling plater

Post crashes
I've just started have real problems with the game crashing.
The crashrep file has the following message:

Quote:
LIB::FATAL ERROR: urgent_addMissingRunner: year/d: 2/102, raceType: 1, special: 0, dist: 5f, ageGroup: 1, sex: 101

Hope someone can do something.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:41 am
Handicapper

Post Re: crashes
Andrew2364 wrote:
I've just started have real problems with the game crashing.
The crashrep file has the following message:

Quote:
LIB::FATAL ERROR: urgent_addMissingRunner: year/d: 2/102, raceType: 1, special: 0, dist: 5f, ageGroup: 1, sex: 101

Hope someone can do something.

Sorry to hear about that Andrew! I would suggest that you email Mark at support@greyhoundmanager.com to ensure that he receives this report right away.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I have not been able to replicate this yet. Its seems that most people are not affected and it could be that it is more likely to happen in games where you breed many dogs who prefer a certain distance range. The game could then become unbalanced as when these dogs enter the game they take the place of other dogs (as there is a cap on the number of dogs in the game at any one time). I can see how under certain circumstances this could cause a problem.

I do have files someone sent me but so far nothing. I plan to have another look at this again soon when I get some other stuff out of the way. If anyone frequently suffers crashes then please let me know if this breeding scenario applies to you or not.

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:03 pm
Selling plater

Post Crashing + answer to Mark's question
In reply to your message Mark, most of my dogs are bred to be 275 and/or 375m runners. I've currently a stable of around 9 dogs (7 which fit this scenario) along with around a dozen puppies (of roughly the same racing distance) expected next season and another 15 or so the season after.

The game crashes when I enter the breeding barn to check on the success of my latest match. I do not get an error message other than the fact that "gsm has experienced an error). I'm currently in year 2013 if this is any help.

Can a patch be created to stop this problem occurring? Breeding dogs with an absolute maximum stamina limit of 425m is my speciality, so even if I re-start the game I am likely to encounter similar problems in the future.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]