View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 37th Feature Race 
Selling plater

Post 37th Feature Race
Well, before buying and playing the game, I wanted to check, that Feature Races are really easily to edit, what I did to test, is create a 37th Feature Race, with Heats in January, and Semi Final and Final in Febraury, I'm pretty sure, everything worked fine, and when looking at the Calendar, all appeared in the right place, however, when checking, who won the Final, I noticed the winner didn't run in any Heat or Semi-Final, so the final was created with 6 random runners, is this a problem of simming, or still because of the recent Version, as I thought it supported more races, I changed the feature race number from 324 to 333 , to acknowledge the 9 races I added.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:52 pm
Handicapper

Someone seem to have had this issue and i think mark is currently looking into why this is happening and im sure will provide more info when available. Or a patch to fix this.

Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: 37th Feature Race
Boble wrote:
I noticed the winner didn't run in any Heat or Semi-Final, so the final was created with 6 random runners

You need to allow a minimum of 8 days between heats and semis, and then another 8 days between the semis and the final. There is a patch coming out soon that will fix this and allow shorter gaps between races when amending your schedule.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:18 am
Handicapper

panther is there any chance if you get time to please explain the layout of the showcase?,
I understand what some of it means but some of it i can't work out.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:53 am
Group 1 winner

So, an example from the default schedule:

1,9 (month, day)
F (F for flat or H for hurdle)
675,OR,1UP (distance,grade,age)
140,101 (prize,race code)
Crayford (track)
Golden Jacket Heat 1 (race name)

Things to note:

You can add a Q after the F or H to make the field of a higher quality (so, F,Q or H,Q). I would use this sparingly though, or it probably won't have much effect.

Currently, the available age restrictions are 1, 1UP or 2UP. I've asked Mark to see if there's any chance that 2 and 4UP can be added, but not heard back from him yet. You can also add an F after the age to specify a bitches-only race (1UP,F for example). I've asked Mark if there is also a code for a dogs-only race, as I can't find it!

This is where it gets a bit trickier...

For prize money, you need to enter the total prize for the race in the showcases file, but it will display only the winner's prize amount in the game. In GM2, this is calculated as ¾ of the total prize. So, if the winner of a race gets 6000, you would enter this in the showcases file as 8000. Or if the winner of a heat gets 150, you would add it in the file as 200. This is where it gets a bit fiddly. If it's an amount such as 1000 (which doesn't divide equally by 3), you need to put 1334 (rounded up) in the showcases file, as 1333 would round down the winner's prize to 999!

For race codes, if it's Race 1 in the schedule, then the heats would be 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 and 106. The semi-finals would be 110 and 111, and the final would be 120. If you were just having semis and a final, it would go straight to 110 and 111, followed by 120 for the final, and if you're just adding a one-off event, it would go straight to 120. So, it's basically just the race number, followed by 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 and 06 for heats, 10 and 11 for semis and 20 for finals.

Also, all races need to be in date order, so you might find that you have the heats for race 1, then the semis for race 1, but then you have the heats for race 2 before the final of race 1, and so on. This also gets a bit fiddly when you have lots of overlapping events and you might also need to move things around a little bit if you have date clashes, as you can't have feature races at two different tracks on the same day.

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]