View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Game runs very slow and choppy 
Handicapper

Post Game runs very slow and choppy
I don't know If this is a problem or not, but lately I noticed that while playing the game after a certain time the game really lags or rather runs very slowly almost impossible to play at all. Is this a problem for laptops? I run this game mostly on my laptop.

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:58 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

is anything else running in the background at the same time on your computer?

Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:46 pm
Handicapper

Post Game runs very slow and choppy
I will have to look into it and see.

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

For most people the game runs very well but I'm a bit concerned that a couple of people seem to have performance problems. The game has been tested on a range of hardware here and works well (even on a very low spec netbook running xp). So it is worth trying to find out what is going on with those machines.

First update your video card drivers by identifying your video card and the visiting the video card manufacturers website and downloading the latest drivers.

Close down any unnecessary programs you have running.

Next browse the 'Greyhound manager 2' folder in 'program files' on your hard drive and edit the 'forcescreenmode.txt' file.

set 'forcegfx=dx8'. Save and then run the game. Press F so the frame rate is displayed in the top left and run a race. The frame rate should run at 60fps or very close. Note the frame rate and how it drops during the race.

Now quit and edit the 'forcescreenmode.txt' file again. This time set 'forcegfx=dx9' and save.

Run the game again and see how this affects the frame rate.

When finished you may want to edit the 'forcescreenmode.txt' and set back to default: 'forcegfx=auto'.

If you still have problems post the test findings here and also post your machine spec including: Version of windows. Processor speed. System memory. Video memory and video card type.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]