View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Banned from entering races? 
Selling plater

Post Banned from entering races?
Hi Everyone...

I'm about halfway through my 4th season of Greyhound Manager, and suddenly, when I try and enter a dog in a race, I get the message 'You are banned from entering a dog in a race on this day'

This applies to any dog, entering any race, on any available upcoming date.

What's up with that? I've never seen the message before, and don't see anything in the news saying there's a reason why my kennel is banned, or that it was banned at all. I didn't know it was even possible to get banned, especially in a solo game.

I'm thinking it's got to be a bug of some type, even though banning is obviously written in the code for a reason. Has anyone else encountered this?

Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:25 am
Group 1 winner

I have encounterd this in both SO 3 and SO 4, but, not in the greyhound game, though, I do only have GM 1 and not GM 2 so maybe you can get banned in this as well. You should have had some sort of notice though usually after the race as been run.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:20 pm
Selling plater

I'm playing GM1. Like I said, it's my 4th season so it's not something that happens a lot.

When this happens to you in SO, does the banning ever get lifted? And did you know why you were banned?

AFAIK, there isn't anything I can do in GM as a player that would be bannable. I'm fine with being banned if it's a legit part of the game. I just wish it would tell me what it was I did and how long I was banned for. I don't even know if my game is playable anymore.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 pm
Group 1 winner

In SO you can get banned for a vastly improved horse that wins a race when the stewards think it shouldn't, happened to me twice on SO3. You get to find out this by looking at the result of the race and in the top right corner will be a ? mark click on this and it tells you why you was banned. But never experienced it in GM1 and like you say why would you get banned, unless you've been feeding your dogs Winalot lol :lol:

Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:32 am
Selling plater

hmmm... I went back over the previous week and looked at all the races my dogs competed in, and nothing was mentioned. Nothing in the instructions about banning, either.

But it ended happily enough. I just ran a couple of weeks and now I'm able to enter dogs normally. I didn't miss any significant races. My dogs which had made the semi-finals in the Stayers Cup prior to me being banned were still able to compete in them. It's all good.

I guess the punishment taught me a lesson... whatever it was I did, I sure won't do it again. :wink: Hopefully this gets handled better in GM2.

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:40 pm
Handicapper

I have not had this issue in GM2 and I am in season 20.

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]