View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post Up Your Best! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Post Up Your Best!
Had an exceptional gamebred filly called Curtains that came into the breeding pool
took the plung and bred to her i then sent the offpring straight off to stud and covered my best mares
and this is the 1st one i have raced as you can see alot of gamebred breeding in his lines
i stuck him in a 1m2f maiden with my best breds and he stuffed them and went on to have a serious season

I am not expecting him to challenge in the CK but if he does its a whole new breeding line
as you can see he is not much to look at stats wise but had one heck of a career

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

It's been 2 games but I've finally bred a grey horse. Hopefully he'll be good enough to bring along with my 2m chasers.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:21 pm
Handicapper

I am still working on my milers. This is my latest horse. I need to get the Potential Rating back up, and maxing out Extra Speed while retaining Cruising Burst will be paramount.. but the line is coming along nicely. Once the aforementioned is achieved Acceleration and Enthusiasm need to be next.

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Namor any chance of you showing us a pic of not a doctors sire omar sienna I can see where the potential/battling comes from hoping that he has a maxd out speed bar mainly for my own sanity as everything ive tried to get a maxd speed from a 90% filly has failed please tell me its the colt and I can then sleep tonight

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:57 pm
Group 1 winner

I've never seen this before, mum and dad are soft ground horses yet they produce a good ground horse. :shock:

Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:35 pm
Group 1 winner

anyone seen namor was really hoping he would post omar sienna probably cheltenhams got him too busy to post

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:00 am
Handicapper

jalupen wrote:
anyone seen namor was really hoping he would post omar sienna probably cheltenhams got him too busy to post

On my way to bed. Omar Sienna has bad BQ but full ESR. Will post him tomorrow.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:26 am
Handicapper

jalupen wrote:
Namor any chance of you showing us a pic of not a doctors sire omar sienna I can see where the potential/battling comes from hoping that he has a maxd out speed bar mainly for my own sanity as everything ive tried to get a maxd speed from a 90% filly has failed please tell me its the colt and I can then sleep tonight

Here is Omar Sienna

In a couple of hours I should have something nice to show. :)

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Thread unlocked.

Fact 1: There is no league and will not be one for some time.

Fact 2: As far as I understand horse files won't be used for any So6 league so security will be different and much tighter.

Fact 3: Jalupen and Ghost by posting your accusations publicly on the forum rather that contacting the appropriate person (PJ, Mark or I) you have broken the forum rules. No matter your suspicions there will be no campaigning against other users.

We will deal with this, but if you have any further worries please email Paul or I and we'll deal with your concerns.

Ghostzapper and Jalupen you can consider yourselves warned. If you break any of the forum rules again there will be an automatic 2 week ban placed upon your account.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:37 am
Group 1 winner

best ingame filly ive seen 140 rating in 4 runs hasn't seen another horse

Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:20 pm
Group 1 winner

Found an absolute CK monster the best i have ever seen in the CK in any version of Starters Orders (That I Have Bred)
And what is more amazing he is out of a Gamebred line only 1 generation back
He starts his races getting detached from the field then powers past the rest from 6 furlongs out its an amzing sight watching
him in action he has destroyed my best 1m4 horses that have 100s of generations through them.

I run 10 trials with points for the top 6 - 8,6,4,3,2,1

His Trial scores 8,8,8,0,6,8,3,8,2,8 won 6 from 10 trials and only finished out of the top 6 once
scored 59 points out of a possible 80 the most dominant horse i have seen
Cant wait to see what he produces

I Have completely changed my policy i never used to touch gamebreds after 10 gens
but this certainly proves its worth continuing to breed to top gamebreds you can just hit lucky

Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Found an absolute CK monster the best i have ever seen in the CK in any version of Starters Orders (That I Have Bred)
And what is more amazing he is out of a Gamebred line only 1 generation back...
...I Have completely changed my policy i never used to touch gamebreds after 10 gens
but this certainly proves its worth continuing to breed to top gamebreds you can just hit lucky

That is exactly how you need to breed in general, and how I managed to achieve my best horses. Essentially, how are you supposed to increase skills none of your selfbred horses have? There is a natural limit. So you look for a gamebred that has the skill you are looking for and breed it into your line. Multiple times until you retain all the skills of your line and of the gamebred horse. Might take 10-15 generations to get a horse that retains both at a maximum. Once that is done, you look for another gamebred.

That's why when you were breeding all the SO5 legends to each other it didn't get you guys any closer to the "perfect" horse. You won't be able to make missing skills magically appear. I am sure not breeding with gamebreds has absolutely hindered your progress in relation to the time you spend breeding.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:57 am
Group 1 winner

Namor point well and truly taken I think what i have also shown today backs that up immensely
as for our experiment Me Ghost Jalupen & Duke had very different styles of horses with different skill sets and still could not match some
Horses only 1 trainer came up with maybe Andy did what you are doing and what i have started to do it would explain his dominance probably with
most trainers not relying on gamebreds i certainly stopped using gamebreds i just felt they were weakling my lines I tried several times but found no
progress in SO5 maybe i did not get lucky with the Gamebreds i used.

What it does prove that Breeding is just a lottery and if you find that lucky ticket you are made.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Namor point well and truly taken I think what i have also shown today backs that up immensely
as for our experiment Me Ghost Jalupen & Duke had very different styles of horses with different skill sets and still could not match some
Horses only 1 trainer came up with maybe Andy did what you are doing and what i have started to do it would explain his dominance probably with
most trainers not relying on gamebreds i certainly stopped using gamebreds i just felt they were weakling my lines I tried several times but found no
progress in SO5 maybe i did not get lucky with the Gamebreds i used.

What it does prove that Breeding is just a lottery and if you find that lucky ticket you are made.

The thing is, yes a gamebred will weaken your line. Look at Not a Doctor and then at El Skywalker I in this thread. You just have to reintroduce the quality of your existing line again. At this point I have arrived at 100% realized potential again with all the other skills El Skywalker has that Not A Doctor does not. To gain these skills I had to introduce gamebred blood and breed out 20 generations just gradually bringing the potential up again while only accepting fillies I could breed to my best colt which retained all the wanted improvements gained by the gamebred.

These horses are all a week old, but it shows the progression nicely. At this point as I have said I have 100% realized potential plus maxed constitution, confidence and extra speed. As well as 85% Battling qualities. I have some gamebreds with nice Cruising Burst, and a Gamebred with 90% Distance Adaptability. I am not sure yet where to go next, but you need the gamebreds to gain that skill.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:38 am
Group 1 winner

Awesome stats wow monsters
do you ever race them or do you just breed retire breed
El Skywalker looks like hed stay 1m2 now you will get to 1m4 yet
i have noticed my best 1m4 horses are throwing out 1m6 horses and get an odd 2 miler
so can see you producing a 1m4 horse b4 long

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next