View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Latest online development news. 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Latest online development news.
SuperCat wrote:
I definitely think transfers need to stay. What about transferring flat horses to the jumps or vice versa (what it was originally intended for)? Every one of my horses is bred from a transferred horse either from a flat game to a jumps game or jumps to flat. This would rule me out completely of any league.

I agree with SuperCat, nearly all of my bred horses have transferred horses in their breeding line.

But would agree to whatever the consensus is.

As far as paying goes, if Mark is going to use servers down the track that will be a service that needs to be paid for as they do not run for free.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:25 am
Group 1 winner

Scatters wrote:
SuperCat wrote:
I definitely think transfers need to stay. What about transferring flat horses to the jumps or vice versa (what it was originally intended for)? Every one of my horses is bred from a transferred horse either from a flat game to a jumps game or jumps to flat. This would rule me out completely of any league.

I agree with SuperCat, nearly all of my bred horses have transferred horses in their breeding line.

As far as paying goes, if Mark is going to use servers down the track that will be a service that needs to be paid for as they do not run for free.

Paying towards a Server has a one off that may be ok but not to have to pay to enter a horse or win prize money from any race is what I am about.

Gray

Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:51 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Paying towards a Server has a one off that may be ok but not to have to pay to enter a horse or win prize money from any race is what I am about.

Gray

I agree Gray!

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:08 am
Group 2 winner

Fair enough guys you know best.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:03 am
Group 1 winner

Scatters wrote:
SuperCat wrote:

Glad it's not just me! But if it were just us two, then so be it. I just think it would be a shame to have to have separate 'league' and 'playing' games because transfers aren't allowed.

Agree about paying. If it were big enough one day then some kind of fee for entering towards the server costs would be acceptable. But people get so ridiculously competitive and have proved to be so dishonest that introducing money prizes would probably affect the league in negative way and leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:39 am
Group 2 winner

I agree with you supercat, because I play the Australian game and the UK jumps, so I transfer horses between the two games and breed also, would be a shame if you couldn't do that anymore I would have to play at home and couldn't play the league, there should be a way where a player can play at home and transfer horses to the league also, because if you stop the transfers between games, a big chunk of the game will be taken away wouldn't be realistic for starters, we all know in real racing 99% of flat horses when they get old and low down some what they end up in the jumps races, it's kind of restricting if you asked me, the message would be still, you are either playing for the league or at home, and we are trying to move away from that I thought, any I am shore if you guys and gales keep at it you would come up with something workable at the end of the day.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:11 am
Group 1 winner

I think it's a great idea to get shot of the TTF's, u can just play the game normally. I'm Ok with getting shot of the CK, that can be a royal pain. For everyone who complains about transferring flat and jump horses over then u would have to play the combined game( that's what it's there for).

If this system was to be used then I would pick one or the other and I'd probably just breed jumpers.

I love the idea of starting from scratch( the way the league is done), people have been complaining for ages about the league and let's be honest the people who put the most time in are the one's at the top and who dominate. Newbies and occasional players never have a chance to win the Group 1 races but with what Mark is proposing more people will have more chances to compete. I think there will be no one person dominating and hopefully more people will join in.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:16 am
Group 1 winner

Always said it if you come up with a superstar with a transfer system you can breed many distances from that star
which is not a good thing IMO I would rather ditch it and if we have to breed seperate horses for flat or jumps
i would be with John and pick one prob flat. I think the transfer system has been a bad thing for the League
I Know some of you will strongly disagree but IMO no transfer system will make the league alot more open
and for me thats the whole point.

I Hate the grinding and trialing with a passion but we all know you had to do it to be half competitive and
I had become obsessed with it and it and had become an addiction to push push push and took up ridiculous
amount of time and at times I could not let it go I thought i was going to have to get help at Starters Orders AA :lol:
Im just being honest and I am all for the ideas to take that away so people can play for fun and if they find something
decent for the league all the better.

I have not Played since i trialed my horses with Jalupans it was a relief really as i was a mile behind his horses
and there is no way to make that distance up without 100s or 1000s of seasons so i was able to let go and was
a great thing not been ruled by the game.

Added to that Marks new plans i will prob just go back to playing for fun a few hours here and there so the grinding has ended
and i hope for good Just been open and honest its amazing how a game can take over.

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

OK! if I am playing the Australian game and I want to transfer a horse to the league could I do that or do I need to be playing the UK game?

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:55 pm
Group 1 winner

Tomas wrote:
OK! if I am playing the Australian game and I want to transfer a horse to the league could I do that or do I need to be playing the UK game?

Yes you can Tomas.

Gray

Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

hi can some one please tell me how i race people online. iv exported some horses what do i do next ?

Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:02 am
Group 1 winner

Cheese wrote:
hi can some one please tell me how i race people online. iv exported some horses what do i do next ?

Thats the thing no one knows (If it Happens) its going to be a whole new system and none of us regulars even know
the last update was 5 or 6 weeks ago i just dont think the lge is a priority anymore and with new games coming out that help
to pay for the future you can understand it as there is no financial gain with the league.

The way i have taken it is that there will be no more lge if there is it will be a bonus or surprise
Id say a fair few Lge regulars may have given up playing or just spend a fraction of the time messing around for fun

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Cheese wrote:

:wink: As Mark has said:

"Work has started. There is no timescale and no promises on features or anything at all! It is real day 0 stuff so initially any online features need to be kept real simple. I also mentioned that ideally we plan to use a streaming service for online races (such as Twitch TV) rather than the actual game viewer. This means everyone get's to view the races with all visuals turned up and also gives everyone the option of watching the races on mobile devices or their TV etc. The intention is to remove the need for any manual manipulation of files and make entries automatic. Time will tell."

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:06 pm
Selling plater

ok thanks 4 the replies . home one gets sorted soon

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:42 am
Handicapper

Looking foward to something like a pre-beta. I have some horses I, and maybe some others, would like to see run. Great to see progress is being made. :)

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next