View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Latest online development news. 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Latest online development news.
In anticipation of the no more transfers allowed league I started game after game looking for a good starter horse for a continuous main game save. I finally came up with one after many restarts - a 5 furlong turf sire with full absolute potential at 4.

His realized potential wasn't full but not far off. He is a flat out front runner with my head lad commenting that "This horse likes to lead and sulks if taken on". I got a Grade 1 sprint win out of him before I retired him at the end of his 4yo campaign. Going against my normal preferred running style for my horses I am sticking to breeding him to all the front running mares in the breeding shed. I have a multiple Group 1 winning mare by him and a son who looks better than her. They will then be bred to more frontrunners and the freak super horses in the breeding shed.

If this league ever gets going my horses are all going to be flying on the front end - and most likely getting caught by everyone's beasts. It should be fun to watch this new venture of mine.

Also I still have a bunch of horses from the transfer age I can use for a beta league so there is that also.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:13 am
Group 2 winner

Sirius if your training your horses manually, try and put them on stamina on the day of the race see how they go, that's what I do when they like to race on "Force the the Pace" they normally stick on well the last 50 meters of the race and sometime if they get headed at any stage at the end they normally fight back.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:57 pm
Group 1 winner

I have always trained for stamina ever since the option was added. Stamina training from the very first day they hit the barn.

I've noticed when you do that the more likely your horses stamina bar will rise and your horse will get distances longer than its avg. best distance.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:41 am
Group 1 winner

If the plan is to do away with the CK how will we be able to trial our horses to find out who is worthy of competing against other players horses? One thing the CK taught me was horses in game who I thought were good would often times stink in the CK and thus be worthless in the league.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:35 am
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
If the plan is to do away with the CK how will we be able to trial our horses to find out who is worthy of competing against other players horses? One thing the CK taught me was horses in game who I thought were good would often times stink in the CK and thus be worthless in the league.

I've not bred any new horses in over 2 months but I'm going to bred some new jumpers and I'm going to try to see if I can work out who's best in game then I'm going to try them later on in CK to see if I was right and if it's possible to work out who's best without the CK.

I think the CK in this game is poor, I've been trailing my horses at Newmarket since the game came out but since I've been running my league races I've noticed u best horses might be awful at a certain course, my best 2yo 5F horse is a horse called Niche who was great at all the courses but was awful at Newmarket and if I only trailed at this course like I was then there's a chance I would have chucked her in the bin and I would have lost a top class horse. I've probably got shot of a lot of good horses without knowing it, I think the CK in SO5 was better.

Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:38 pm
Selling plater

Hi guys,

When does the online league start and how do you register for it? Also, if i am on a mac would i be able to participate?

Thanks,
Q

Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:53 pm
Group 1 winner

qaisf wrote:
Hi guys,

When does the online league start and how do you register for it? Also, if i am on a mac would i be able to participate?

Thanks,
Q

No start date yet. I *shouldn't* matter what you play on as long as it's the same version of the game i.e. SO6 rather than SO5.

Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:49 pm
Site Admin

There is no start date as yet. Work has been done but as we are building from the ground up it will take a while. Also there are other jobs that take priority so work on the online side is currently intermittent.

Once we have a very basic setup (the user being able to view races and automatically submit entries) we will probably have a very small closed beta (more like Alpha really). The automatic submission process needs to be tested so we know it actually works. Hopefully this will be fairly soon.

When the process is proven to work we can open it up a bit more.

News on progress will be posted on this forum.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:34 am
Group 1 winner

Exiting news Mark!

Unfortunately I will not be able to participate as all my horses have transfers in their bloodlines.

Cheers

John

Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:58 am
Group 1 winner

Scatters wrote:
Exiting news Mark!

Unfortunately I will not be able to participate as all my horses have transfers in their bloodlines.

Cheers

John

I wouldn't worry because I'm sure most if not all would be in the same boat.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm
Selling plater

Is it just my game or when u export a jump horse it just says the name and has no rating or anything ? But flat tells u everything So online I wouldn't be able to have jump races

Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:04 am
Group 1 winner

cheese86 wrote:
Is it just my game or when u export a jump horse it just says the name and has no rating or anything ? But flat tells u everything So online I wouldn't be able to have jump races

You need to click on the box at the top of the screen to the right of the ? to toggle between flat and jump ratings.

Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:00 pm
Selling plater

Oh silly me thank you kevcon

Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:38 am
Site Admin

There have been a major few issues with the planned league replacement so the automation will not happen any time soon. SO7 is a long way off however and rather than put it off until then and I would like to see a online option for previous players who have been hanging out for one. So I have ideas how we could get something running quite quickly similar to the past setup (but with some minor changes - probably replays on Twitch rather than in downloads). Also hopefully using TOM again to speed the whole process of getting a league back up. I need to talk to Leon and will post an update here.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:59 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks Mark i am glad even if we use the old way of uploading to Tom also hope Leon is still around talked him a few months ago can i ask one question will we able to use the last schedule or will a new one have to be built i ask this because the old one caters for all from the elite player and the go slow player who's horses wont be group class and if a new one must be done does this mean less races so just Main races which will be dominated by the Elite player.

Gray

Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next