View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Latest online development news. 
Site Admin

Post Re: Latest online development news.
I don't like the old way of transfering files but as a solution for the hard core on here it will be fine. By having the replays on Twich rather than replay files everyone can view the race with the best quality visuals. It does mean that whoever runs the races will need a decent spec rig so they can turn the detail right up so we have nice looking races.

There will be no option to generate replay files. This will not be an option.

Should this go ahead it may make sense to start with a cut down schedule to make sure that the whole process runs smoothly.

Once I know people are in place to get it running (unfortunatly I do not have time to get involved in the running of the league). I will start on coding the required changes. All being well they should not take long.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:01 pm
Site Admin

Unfortunately Leon is in his final year at Uni and has loads on and cannot run the league. I suggest those who have previously been involved in the running of the league get together and decide if they want to go forward with the option described above and if roles can be filled and if so let me know.

Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:06 am
Group 2 winner

Hi Mark,

Could you list all the jobs that need to be done and what is involved.

Some new players may want to get involved and not know how to go about things.

Steve

Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:51 am
Group 1 winner

Although I was involved last time in the league Running races and Handicapping my computer is not good enough to run races it struggles on direct x9 in SO6 I have no plans in the near future to upgrade my computer perhaps I can get involved in another way.

Gray

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

My machine could just about do it full blown but the High Texture and 3D trees buttons don't work on my machine it always crashes straight away. I only just checked it, I never have it up to the top. Then there's a case would u need a fast broadband to download things because u not getting super fast broadband in my neck of the woods. :cry:

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:10 pm
Site Admin

Teleprompter wrote:
Hi Mark,

Could you list all the jobs that need to be done and what is involved.

Some new players may want to get involved and not know how to go about things.

Steve

The league was always organised and run by volunteers. I kept out of it so am not the best person to start talking about or organising roles. The hope is to keep it how it was apart from the fact that replays will not be uploaded in the form of file. The race will be uploaded to Twitch instead.

So somebody who has previously been involved with TOM would be needed otherwise I can't see it working out. Leon is not available but I'm sure he could answer a few questions on the operation of TOM if needed.

PS. I don't see broadband speed as a problem as you will not have to watch races live.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:45 pm
Group 1 winner

I have some admin access to tom has I used to change the handicap ratings and the going but I don't think I have full access and leon could give me a walkthrough might be helpful.

Gray

P.s I am sure Steve or I could do a basic short schedule to test it has we both done schedules for the league before.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Ok

Last edited by Tomas on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:00 pm
Group 1 winner

thats the thing Mark Leon did everything when it came to TOM im not sure anyone else had anything to do
with his new set up in last league i was president for one season but never did anything in tom

Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I'm in the same boat as Gray in that I have run races the last couple of seasons but my computer is simply nowhere near powerful enough to run SO6 races and that's on the lowest possible settings. On Windows the game freezes almost every time I try to view a race and I have given up trying to play.

I also have the game installed on Linux and before patch 1.034 I could at least view races and even use jockey mode on the flat. Main problem was the frame rate would drop alarmingly every 4 or 5 races and I would have to hit escape to bring up the results screen but could then continue to play. Then I installed patch 1.034 and it completely banjaxed my game. SO6 won't even load now nevermind run.

I am looking at buying a laptop and also going to upgrade/build a new system, not too sure when but expect one, probably laptop, will be over the next 6-8 weeks so hopefully I should be able to run races if needed.

Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:59 pm
Site Admin

Kevcon wrote:
I'm in the same boat as Gray in that I have run races the last couple of seasons but my computer is simply nowhere near powerful enough to run SO6 races and that's on the lowest possible settings. On Windows the game freezes almost every time I try to view a race and I have given up trying to play.

I also have the game installed on Linux and before patch 1.034 I could at least view races and even use jockey mode on the flat. Main problem was the frame rate would drop alarmingly every 4 or 5 races and I would have to hit escape to bring up the results screen but could then continue to play. Then I installed patch 1.034 and it completely banjaxed my game. SO6 won't even load now nevermind run.

I am looking at buying a laptop and also going to upgrade/build a new system, not too sure when but expect one, probably laptop, will be over the next 6-8 weeks so hopefully I should be able to run races if needed.

You should post your spec. It could be your machine is not up to the task but there could also be a problem with the game. If people don't let us know we can't fix it.
For old machines you should run DX9 renderer option.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:40 am
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
You should post your spec. It could be your machine is not up to the task but there could also be a problem with the game. If people don't let us know we can't fix it. For old machines you should run DX9 renderer option.

I haven't posted because I am convinced it's my lowly pc that's the problem. The game does run ok apart from the race sequence where every race feels like I'm waiting for the fps to drop and the game to freeze.

Current specs are: Asus P5b Deluxe Motherboard, Core2Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz CPU, Nvidia Geforce 7900GS graphic card (driver ver.
9.18.13.908), 6Gb RAM. OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Game version is 1.026.

Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:51 pm
Site Admin

Kevcon wrote:
Mark wrote:
You should post your spec. It could be your machine is not up to the task but there could also be a problem with the game. If people don't let us know we can't fix it. For old machines you should run DX9 renderer option.

I haven't posted because I am convinced it's my lowly pc that's the problem. The game does run ok apart from the race sequence where every race feels like I'm waiting for the fps to drop and the game to freeze.

Current specs are: Asus P5b Deluxe Motherboard, Core2Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz CPU, Nvidia Geforce 7900GS graphic card (driver ver.
9.18.13.908), 6Gb RAM. OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Game version is 1.026.

The weak link is probably the 7900GS video card that is very old and has little ram. You could probably pick up a video card capable of getting the game running to some kind of acceptable level on eBay for £20 or so. Getting something of around a 1000 G3D mark should just about do the job. This site is useful for comparing video card performance: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi Mark, Paul,

I have a somewhat powerful machine to run the races and I have done the job before.

i5-4670K overclocked to 4.3Hz
16GB ram
Win 7 64bit
GTX770 2GB
SO6 v1.40

John

Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:07 pm
Site Admin

simpleminds wrote:
I have some admin access to tom has I used to change the handicap ratings and the going but I don't think I have full access and leon could give me a walkthrough might be helpful.

Gray

P.s I am sure Steve or I could do a basic short schedule to test it has we both done schedules for the league before.

Leon has some spare time first week of November so could help walk someone through TOM then. Email in if you are interested.

Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next