View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Jumps Discussion 
Group 2 winner

Post Jumps Discussion
Hi All, jumps season back.

Silviniaco Conti running over hurdles over 2m 5f at Kempton. A sharp track over a trip to short. This is surely a prep for Betfair chase.

Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:57 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Jumps Discussion
absolutely gutted to find out Maputo wont be able to race again. Thought he had real potential over hurdles as he proved running Altoir close who i personally think will go really close in the supreme

Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:27 am
Group 2 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
absolutely gutted to find out Maputo wont be able to race again. Thought he had real potential over hurdles as he proved running Altoir close who i personally think will go really close in the supreme

Judging by Hendersons comments on course after Sunday's run I wouldn't be guarenteed he will run at the festival. That being said if he keeps improving he surely must take his chance.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:15 am
Handicapper

PeterS94 wrote:

Wow i didnt know that, Im dissapointed because he showed ability on all starts.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:31 am
Group 2 winner

Looks like Vautour will make his seasonal reappearance this Saturday at Ascot, then I guess it's on to the King George at Kempton.

Faugheen also pretty much confirmed to head to Kempton on Boxing Day again with Nicholls Canyon staying in Ireland over Christmas.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:22 pm
Group 2 winner

Be good to see Vautour on saturday but abit worried that a few of Willie's horses have been beaten first up when well fancied. A few spring to mind Faugheen,Petite Parsionan and Gitane de Berlais. Ptit Zig will have struggle to give him 5 pounds but has fitness on his side and the likely soft ground will suit him and Captain chris is a very good horse at Ascot and will likely be well forward considering he's only going to have a handful of races. Although he should win really. As for Altior he looks an ideal supreme horse.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Apparently Champion Court has been retired too after sustaining a leg injury.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:10 pm
Group 2 winner

Great to see sprinter sacre back to his best in sunday after what nicky has been through just abit dissapointed that the irish have started denting the performance. First of all Ted Walsh in the monday colum in the racing post and now Gordon Elliott.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:35 pm
Group 2 winner

SuperCat wrote:
Apparently Champion Court has been retired too after sustaining a leg injury.

Sad to hear that, was a lovely horse. At least he can enjoy retirement

Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:50 pm
Group 2 winner

Great to see Sir Des Champs back with a win today, 2 years ago I thought he as a future Gold cup winner. May not achieve that level after so any injuries but there should be a few decent prizes to be won with him. Still 33/1 in places for the gold cup if anyone is interested.

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 am
Group 2 winner

Wunder if the irish have a big opinion on his just like they did with Sprinter. Its safe to say he wont win a gold cup and infact a dont think he'll win another race this season. There's a better crop of staying chasers now compared to 2 years ago

Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:57 am
Group 2 winner

Dont think ive seen a horse of willie mullins jump so bad. Really gutted he's gone. He looked a monster chaser.

Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:15 pm
Group 1 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Dont think ive seen a horse of willie mullins jump so bad. Really gutted he's gone. He looked a monster chaser.

Which race/horse are you meaning?

Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:00 pm
Group 2 winner

Alvisio Ville. Fell in the first on saturday. Broke a shoulder.

Its nice to finally see that bobs worth is going back on hurdles. He's not really built to be a chaser and will jump a hurdle much easier.

Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:54 pm
Group 2 winner

PeterS94 wrote:
Alvisio Ville. Fell in the first on saturday. Broke a shoulder.

Its nice to finally see that bobs worth is going back on hurdles. He's not really built to be a chaser and will jump a hurdle much easier.

Wonder where they will go now with Bobs Worth, there's of course a good world hurdle trial at Cheltenham at the end of January but will they want to give him more than 1 run over hurdles before March? Im guessing the Long Walk at Ascot will come too soon (less than 3 weeks away).

Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next