View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Kentucky Derby 2016 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Kentucky Derby 2016
bleh :roll: the Greenwood Cup. And that is why the US has virtually no marathon distance races on dirt. That was a dull race.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Should have gone with my gut - Why would O'Neil ship across the country with Ralis when the Del Mar Futurity is being run in his own backyard the same day? To win that's why.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:59 pm
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
Should have gone with my gut - Why would O'Neil ship across the country with Ralis when the Del Mar Futurity is being run in his own backyard the same day? To win that's why.

I think he sent him there because Nyquist is his number 1 colt and he's going for the Futurity. The East Coast Colts are a poor bunch so far. I cant remember a time when we have come into September without a decent looking Colt, someone needs to step up.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:09 pm
Group 1 winner

So with fall racing starting up, what 2015 stakes races do you think will either move up in grade or down in grade?

For me, it would be the Super Derby moving down to a Grade 3, the Indiana Grand Stakes becoming a Grade 3, and the Presque Isle Mile becoming a Grade 3. The Super Derby was a complete disappointment, with the one horse who I thought would go, Mr. Z, deciding to go to the Kings Bishop and the other lower Derby horses taking a break. I think the Super Derby is in a perfect spot on the calendar to get horses that raced in the West Virginia Derby before they head to either the Pennsylvania Derby or the Oklahoma Derby, but this year was just a dismal race, basically like an allowance race. As for the Indiana Grand Stakes, this race came up very impressive, with the likes of Lady Zuzu and Tiger Ride entering. I'm not sure if it can be graded, as I can't find any history on this race, even though I'm pretty sure that it was run for a few years already. Finally, having been on track for the Presque Isle Mile, this is a very impressive race. This year, the ungraded Mile came up better than the Masters stakes, and fittingly so. Florida Won, Decisive Moment, Are You Kidding Me, and Midnight Cello all showed up for this race. Woodbine shippers use this race as a prep for Keeneland and the Breeders Cup. Deserving of a grade. And Wise Dan won this race back in 2011.

Just my opinion.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
So with fall racing starting up, what 2015 stakes races do you think will either move up in grade or down in grade?

For me, it would be the Super Derby moving down to a Grade 3, the Indiana Grand Stakes becoming a Grade 3, and the Presque Isle Mile becoming a Grade 3. The Super Derby was a complete disappointment, with the one horse who I thought would go, Mr. Z, deciding to go to the Kings Bishop and the other lower Derby horses taking a break. I think the Super Derby is in a perfect spot on the calendar to get horses that raced in the West Virginia Derby before they head to either the Pennsylvania Derby or the Oklahoma Derby, but this year was just a dismal race, basically like an allowance race. As for the Indiana Grand Stakes, this race came up very impressive, with the likes of Lady Zuzu and Tiger Ride entering. I'm not sure if it can be graded, as I can't find any history on this race, even though I'm pretty sure that it was run for a few years already. Finally, having been on track for the Presque Isle Mile, this is a very impressive race. This year, the ungraded Mile came up better than the Masters stakes, and fittingly so. Florida Won, Decisive Moment, Are You Kidding Me, and Midnight Cello all showed up for this race. Woodbine shippers use this race as a prep for Keeneland and the Breeders Cup. Deserving of a grade. And Wise Dan won this race back in 2011.

Just my opinion.

I think the problem is that a lot of good 3yo are out of training at this moment, it seems to have taken its toll on them plus the ones that are left are going for the big money at Parxs.

I've been watching the Keeneland Sales this week, fascinating stuff. Some of the money spent on the Tapit's and War Fronts have been mad, I questioned some of the pedigrees to. There was a Ghostzapper colt by Sacre Coeur who is a half brother to the Mighty Lady Eli (hopefully she returns next year) who went for only 400,000, Juddmonte bought him and it will be interesting to see if he stays in the US or comes over to Europe.

The Indiana Grand has been run a few times, it's going to need Tiger Ride to win a graded race by the end of the year to have a chance to go to grade 3. The Super Derby will get demoted after this year. What I cant work out is why the Pennsylvania Derby is still a grade 2 after the last few winners.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Some big 2yo races tonight.

The first one is the Group 3 Pilgrim, I thought Eidimlaad was very impressive at Saratoga and it was the best grass maiden performance there.

The second is the Group 1 Front Runner, Nyquist is a clear favourite but my horse Mt Veeder will give him a race and whoever wins will be favourite for the Breeders Cup Juvenile.

The last one is the best one because the Mighty Songbird goes in it, she has been so impressive in her two races. In 15 years of watching US I cant remember a 2yo filly like her.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Really like Nyquist and he will be tough to beat in the BC Juvenile. Swipe is another one who is very impressive. Those two could have a great rivalry if they both choose to race in California their 3yo season. I still am very high on Cocked and Loaded, who won the Iroquois last week. He is a monster at Churchill Downs and Keeneland. Currently my way to early Kentucky Derby pick.

Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

WOW what a night. Move over Boys because its Girl Power all the way.

We have seen some outstanding filly's this Century but this Might be the best of them, this year she has been on a different plant to other horses and the Boys better bring there A game in the Classic.

And there's no doubt in my mind that Songbird is the best 2yo Filly this Century. She went 1.1seconds quicker than Nyquist over the same distance. When I was watching AP last season I knew he was special but this filly could be as equally as special.

Could she be the First filly since Winning Colours to win the Kentucky Derby. :shock:

Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:33 am
Group 1 winner

Love this time of the year, the start of the trails for the Derby.

I think we have seen our first decent performance tonight it's a horse called Zulu who won a 7F allowance race at gulfstream going away. Interestingly owned by Coolmore but by a Godolphin bred horse in Bernardini, u don't see that vey often.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Coolmore have unleashed a contender & heading to the Fountain of youth i'm hearing

ZULU

https://youtu.be/v-2Euhp6kVI

Also Ghost Coolmore seem to have been investing in Godolphin Stallions of late Bought some Dubawi's and there was a Bernardini at
Ballydoyle a few seasons back cant remember the name also had several Elusive Quality's at Ballydoyle Michaelmas was one.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:01 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Coolmore and Godolphin was acting very childish towards each other. What's the old saying stop acting like kids, well it was worse they were acting like women. Put u big boy's pants on and have a argument and then move on not let it linger like a bunch of old women. :roll:

I think Zulu should improve going longer, he seems to come of the bridle a bit going into the final turn( did the same in his maiden) and then ran on strongly.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:00 am
Group 1 winner

Found him
Father Christmas - Bernadini x Christmas Kid

Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I said back during the Breeders Cup that Aiden O'Brien was thinking of sending Hit It A Bomb to the Kentucky Derby. He is nominated for the Triple Crown. Should take well to dirt after a monster win at Dundalk going into the Breeders Cup and War Front offspring show great prowess on the dirt, like Declaration of War and The Factor.

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Hit it a Bomb would have to go to America to Qualify Aidan has entered 4 2 can qualify through the UAE Derby
they Are Air Vice Marshal who is well thought of and General MacArthur Air force Blue is also Nominated
but that is not going to happen he will go straight to the Guineas

Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

We have a couple of unbeaten horses running this weekend and it will be interesting to see how they get on, in the Holly Bull we have Mohayman a 2.2mill Shadwell horse. He looks a real stayer and should improve the longer the season goes on.

And in the Swale we have a real speed ball in Awesome Banner, where Mohayman has regal blood this fella is a pauper. Looked like a sprinter last time so it will be interesting to see how he runs over a extra furlong.

Another horse to watch is the filly Cathryn Sophia in the Forward Gal , she has won her two races by a combined 30L. :shock:

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next